Jambands.ca

Dolphins save swimmers from shark

paisley

I've heard of this sort of thing happening before. Dolphins are really amazing animals, and I don't think we really know their true intelligence. For some weird reason sometimes feel a bond with us and try to protect us. On a related note, one time I slipped in the shower and a group of dolphins helped me back to my feet.....and then they washed my back.

Dolphins rule :: When I worked on a schooner in California the dolphins would all gather along side...lookin at us and pretty much freakin us out cause they obviously wanted something...

eventually we figured out that they wanted us to go faster so that they could criss cross jump the bow wake!

So we would work our tails off making that 180 foot, 555 grosse tonnes of schooner move...the dolphins would criss,cross in all their glory....then we would stop givenr to watch, the vessel would slow and back along side lookin at us they would be....back to our stations we would go repeating all....

jebus dolphins are cool. ::

sorry all but am a bit skeptical of the whole thing.

altruism hasn't really been shown to be much of a trait that perpetuates through evolutionary time. maybe they thought the people were baby dolphins? some reflex maybe? how many people here would put themselves between a grizzly bear and a dolphin on land? There are no doubt people who would, and of course people who dedicate their lives to helping animals. I just have a hard time understanding the why (based on ecology and evolutionary understandings of animal behaviour, not based on the love, kindness and interconnectedness of all things that exists of course!).

how many people here would put themselves between a grizzly bear and a dolphin on land?

Personally, if I found a dolphin that managed to get itself far enough onto land that it crossed paths with a grizzly, I would definitely be rescuing him. I'd keep him in a tank with my singing frog! mjfrogtux11.jpg