Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

lara

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the unique opportunity to do this over the summer...I was on the radio 15 hours a day at an overnight summer camp.

Based on my own experience of how I was turned onto music myself (at age 6), and further how I attempted to get the kids into good tunes, I would say to start them off the way the world started off hearing rock and roll. Begin with Buddy Holly: for young kids, his stuff is great because it's singable and fun. Progress to Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis. Earlier stuff like the Platters, the Drifters, the Coasters are also good, but probably not for kids. Too boring for their attention spans. Little bit of Elvis, a healthy dose of Beach Boys and then straight on into the Beatles. After that it gets messy. American Beauty might be an appropriate to introduce once you've hit Rubber Soul or Revolver. That should be plenty of music for now, eh?

Great QOTD. I often think about this.

No kid will ever give a sh!t about American Beauty. Lets me realistic here.

- Lawn Boy, just edgy enough to maybe get some attention, plus the Oh Kee Pa ceremony is just so wacked

- Sarah Harmer, You Were Here. The perfect introduction to real songwriting for annoying teenaged girls

On the other end of this - WE SHOULD ALL LISTEN TO AVRIL LAVIGNE'S NEW ALBUM. It's wonderful!

Great QOTD. I often think about this.

No kid will ever give a sh!t about American Beauty. Lets me realistic here.

- Lawn Boy, just edgy enough to maybe get some attention, plus the Oh Kee Pa ceremony is just so wacked

- Sarah Harmer, You Were Here. The perfect introduction to real songwriting for annoying teenaged girls

On the other end of this - WE SHOULD ALL LISTEN TO AVRIL LAVIGNE'S NEW ALBUM. It's wonderful!

you're fu©king fired! :: no american beauty but listen to avril? i totally disagree. american beauty is what got me on to the dead. i had a dream about the jerry bears and asked my next-door neighbour (peaches' dad) what they were and he took me inside, made me a condiment sandwich (i was vegetarian and he was having a barbecue) and told me all about his days of dead touring and lent me american beauty. one of my most influential music moments.