any ottawa activists in the house?

meggo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Beauty. Get some good pictures... hopefully some of the freaks that turned Quebec City into a warzone will show up today in Ottawa so you can take some good pictures.

On the heels of Velvet's profiteering of the event, I just want to remind everyone that pictures of the Quebec City riots fetched a pretty penny with the Associated Press and other publication syndicates. So put down your protest signs, pick up your cameras, and participate in capitalism while having your voice heard.

Damn, I wish I had gone to Ottawa today. I hope some of you yell out "For shame!" for me today.

I don't think you'll miss much. I personally think it would be cool if nobody protested; Bush would probably notice the lack of protesters more than the existence of them. We could just have one huge sign somewhere on his route and two people to guard the sign and that's it; it may make more of an impact. Or maybe it would look really lame. Don't know. I guess the sign would have to say something really good to have an impact.

this guy had the estimate at around 3,500 - 4,000

apparently they got a real hippie jam going on now too.. drums, bag pipes, chanting, cheering..

they aren't at the Hill yet though.. here is a recent photo..

newhillcam.jpg

so I'm not sure where the party is.. still on Laurier?

My wife works on Laurier.. I sent her an email asking if she could see what's what.. no word yet though