Jambands.ca

any ottawa activists in the house?

meggo

this is what my wife just emailed me:

I just got back from lunch....HUGE protest march was going west on laurier. Lots of people, lots of signs (oil for blood, bush isn't welcome in canada, bush is the terrorist, etc.) catchy sing-song of "how many kids did you kill today". I found it all to be quite impressive. Lots of hippy-looking kids for the most part, but all ages, grandparents included

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "Get out of our wonderful country, murderer."

Or "Bush is the devil. Go back to hell."

Not to be mistaken for HUll, which is where I live. ;)

How about this sign: "Canada loves pot. Let's pack a Bush."

OK, it doesn't really make sense, but it sounds kinda good.

So I guess since Bush is eating at the Museum of Civilization, the protesters will go there next, right?

the radio said there was some violence beginning????

Anyone heard or seen any violence?

It really angers me if people are being violent, then they are no better then he!

I hope they keep it peaceful! And I hope he's gone soon! I actually felt nausea this morning when they annouced he had landed!!!

hey stapes [and anyone else who might be in the neighborhood]! come find me on the hill! i'll be the one that looks just like me. :D

edit to add: actually, i just busted out my new winter coat, so i'll be the one that looks like the offspring of me and a navy blue michelin man. :P

Well after rising at the crack of noon Freaker and I headed out the door dazed and confused only to find a bunch of cops in front of our house blocking Colonel By so we doubled back to Elgin and headed to Confederation Park.

If the park holds around 20,000 for Bluesfest then I'd say there were easily 7000 people there ( I think whoever estimated 3000 was off). There were tons a great signs, lots of pot in the air, some good speeches and even a disco bus (Push! Push! In the Bush!) - my favorite sign was either the giant Bush head with the caption "Smoke Crack Not Iraq" or the giant paper mache pretzel with the caption "Choke on this". Everyone was well behaved and it was lots of fun (found myself wishing I had brought some booze but I think that's just residual vibes from Bluesfest).

After that it was slow march through the streets of Ottawa. Bouche's posted shot has got the disco bus turning the corner - we were right beside it (not that you have a chance in hell of spotting us). The march was a blast and ended up on Parliament Hill. After about a half hour the crowd dissipated and I guess we were supposed to reform at 5:00 for a candle light vigil but Freaker and I called it quits and headed home.

All in all a really good time, we're both glad we went.