Jambands.ca

Broken Social Scene fans...

Blane

Taped these guys last night here in Geneva. Great times!

Probably the best pull I've gotten from my new recording rig so far (4 attempts), minus the battery issue.

You can grab it here:

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=16352

Broken Social Scene

L'Usine

Geneva, Switzerland

Tuesday, November 30th, 2004

Source: Audio Technica 853rx (worn on head)>PS-2>AD-20>JB3, 5th row centre.

Transfer: JB3>CDWav (tracking)>FLAC

1. ?

2. Shampoo Suicide

3. KC Accidental

4. Stars and Sons

5. Cause=Time

6. ?

7. Pacific Theme

8. Looks Just Like the Sun

10.Anthems for a 17 year old

11.?

Unfortunately, this is incomplete. The battery died on my PS-2 and so I missed the last song of the set (Almost Crimes), and the 1 song encore (Lovers Split). However, the recording sounds great and I'm quite certain I

was the only taper (there were only about 100 people at the show). you can hear the recording go down in a fizzle of static at the end of track 11. Sad really.

Enjoy the show!

Blane

umm.. maybe not..

We are very sorry!

At the moment, there are at least 100,000 registered users at www.easytree.org, the maximum allowed under EZT's current configuration.

However, free slots become available for new users daily as inactive accounts are deleted. When EZT has fewer than 100,000 registrants, new users can sign up. Please note that the statistics on EZT's web site are updated every ten minutes; therefore, you may see this message even if the web site reports fewer registered users than the maximum.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

easytree.org

umm.. maybe not..

We are very sorry!

At the moment, there are at least 100,000 registered users at www.easytree.org, the maximum allowed under EZT's current configuration.

However, free slots become available for new users daily as inactive accounts are deleted. When EZT has fewer than 100,000 registrants, new users can sign up. Please note that the statistics on EZT's web site are updated every ten minutes; therefore, you may see this message even if the web site reports fewer registered users than the maximum.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

easytree.org

wa waaaaahhhhh.

[edit] actually don't worry about it for now, seems there's a problem with the torrent and it has to be redone and re-seeded (just read through the comments on the easytorrent page)

can someone open this again if they get a chance, would appreciate it

grabbed 91% last eve then it died on me

cheers

[edit] actually don't worry about it for now, seems there's a problem with the torrent and it has to be redone and re-seeded (just read through the comments on the easytorrent page)

can someone open this again if they get a chance, would appreciate it

grabbed 91% last eve then it died on me

cheers

Has this been reposted on another site?

Broken Social Scene with Stars

Jan 21 and 22 @ The marquee Club

(Halifax, NS) Arts&Crafts recording artists Broken Social Scene and Stars have just confirmed their return to Halifax - January 21st and 22nd, 2005

Broken Social Scene was born in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

It began in 1999 with two newfound friends, Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning, and their first album FEEL GOOD LOST.

By the time their guitar-fuelled sophomore effort, You Forgot It in People, was released in fall 2002, Broken Social Scene had become an 11-piece collective with a bombastic, orchestrated sound which fans and critics loved.

You Forgot It In People was a buzz among indie cohorts and tours around the globe ensued. The band operates as a friendly collective of as few as seven or as many as fifteen people -- including core members Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning plus Leslie Feist, Jason Collett, Andrew Whiteman, Charles Spearin, Justin Peroff, Amy Millan, Evan Cranley and most of them have other projects running simultaneously.

During their first trip to the east coast for the Halifax Pop Explosion in 2003, Broken Social Scene sold-out the Marquee Club, and at that time were new to the ears of most Haligonians, shortly after the band took home the Juno for Best Alternative Album.

The Toronto-based rock outfit is in the home stretch of work on its Third record, due in 2005.

Broken Social Scene is currently in the midst of its most extensive European tour to date, which began Nov. 16 in Madrid and wraps Dec. 10 in Brussels. Once back from Europe, BSS will head straight to New York to open a Dec. 14 Show for the Pixies at Hammerstein Ballroom and play two sold-out headline shows at the Bowery Ballroom.

Playing both shows with Broken Social Scene is co-conspirators and Arts&Craft Labelmates "Stars".

Canada's highly acclaimed boy-meets-girl new romantic pop group Stars have just released their third and most impassioned album to date. Following up their Juno Nominated sophmore album "Heart", "Set Yourself On Fire" sees Stars take a leap forward while not straying too far from their soft revolutionary home. First single "Ageless Beauty" has help their Tony Hoffer (Beck, Air, Phoenix) mixed album maintain the #1 position at College radio for the past three weeks while it's video can be seen regularly on MuchMusic.

UF Productions will release a limited number of advanced weekend passes. These Will be made available before Christmas.

more info soon!!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Blane, haven't heard much BSS, but I'm going to try to get into them in 2005. Great sounding recording, the music, well, it's not bad. I've heard flashes of brilliance, so I'll definately give this more than one listen. I saw 74 on the tracklist, and was like "Someone actually covers The Slip? Awesome!". Turns out it's a different song entirely... Not bad though, good work...