Jambands.ca

Getting Out Of This Scene...

zero

nice thread! i like how this is shaping up already.

i like the attention. i think though that sometimes our attention isn't necessarily spent all too wisely.

like me - i just said i was going to get groceries and i was about to check my email that one last time before hitting the 24 hour grocery store...

...it'll be open in a minute...

definitely some me time tonight. I think that's what Zero was doing...getting attention paid to him...he's just so busy doing other things (like getting people to give him attention) that he's too busy to do it himself.

I think LMP could help that guy out...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I was looking for some stunning examples of humanity to convince me that I was wrong about this 'scene' this would not be the place to look (with a few exceptions).

There's no way to get past the attention getting remark. I was getting attention and I was stating something from the heart which is that for me getting out was a good thing. I don't really know what that means. Not posting here or anywhere, not going to shows, not drinking or doing drugs. Really I don't know. I just know that whatever faith and hope and interest I had in this culture is dead. But it's dead in me not necessarily you. I actually feel a bit like Coolhand Luke when he finally breaks down and tells the whole gang to quit leaching off him. TimmyB was right to say that I was generalizing. I mean this scene is a siren song and their are rocks to wash up on, many ships will fall prey to that lure and those rocks, but not all. In so much as our culture has more than it's average share of sirens and rocks the odds just sort of go up.

you know, its been one year now that I have been visiting this board, going to shows, meeting all kinds of new people, learning more and more about music... I realize that personally, I say stupid things and stir sh!t up every now and then, but, its usually in jest... I don't know if anyone agrees with me or not, but there seems to be a bit of a shadow casted on hanging out on this board, I know for myself, I am getting more and more reluctant to just speak my mind because I don't want to offend anyone, or give them the wrong impression because I don't want to be misunderstood. Luke does have one point in that there has been alot of negativity as far as some of the comments made on the board... True... However, I don't see the purpose of coming on here and starting all this sh!t up again. I mean, if there is something wrong with you, ask for help, maybe not everyone is willing to lend a hand but I am sure at least some will. But, I think the dynamics of at least my enjoyment on here is changing because there seems to be too much ammunition...

It justs seems as though everything has gotten a little too personal on here... Ligthten up!!!!

There are enough fu©king problems in life as it is, I don't think we need to contribute to them on here...

that is my two cents.

and I hope everybody, and I mean everybody, whether you love the Dead or not (joke) have a nice fu©king weekend! ::

Jambands.ca is what you make it, as are the friendships you form outside of the board. Attributing a lack of excitement or more negativity to someone is a moot point. It seems convenient to glaze over the fact that like him or not Luke provoked some discussions that aren't that commonplace here, but if you don't agree with that, fine. Just stop going to back to him as the messiah/the devil of jambands.ca...if he comes on here and rants once in a while why do you need two pages of discussion after the fact?

why even come back to mention it?

that's not quite getting out of the scene...

and i agree...i just like music.

I personally don't try to hold my 'tongue' because i never intend to me a jerk to anybody in particular and if i'm rude or inconsiderate, i tend to chock it up to my own personal realsism.

if you don't like what i have to say it doesn't mean i intended to make a jab at you specifically (yes i'm talking to you)

although i appreciate the effort and work put into the site and its many posts, i realize it's just an internet message board.

i think we can all lighten up from time to time - myself included.

anyhow, i hope we all have a great holiday season and strive to live life the best we can. i think that's what zero/kung is trying to instill...aspire to be great and reach to fulfil those goals over leisure time and frivolity.

??

I don't know what could possibly be gained by posting again but now I have. I want to say right out that I as a number of others seem to have expressed am deeply frightened of Esau's behaviour here. If others have been frightened of me in the same way in the past I sincerely apologize. I think anyone with any sense will see that Esau is having some sort of delusion like the ones I was having- he is a sick puppy one way or another. I am not interested in giving into his violence. What kind of person with any sort of humanity puts up a picture of a skinhead in a thread like this- it's obvious to any reasonable person that he intends to scare the fu©king sh!t out of me and it has been accomplished. I don't know what other delusional sh!t he's on about, I mean he's deluded enought to think that the RCMP, Hamilton Police, or civil courts would take any of the sh!t on this board seriously lord knows what else he's capable of. I begged him in private messages to just stop all of this and he started on about how his mother works for Corrections Canada and I said 'why would you want to get your mom and her work involved in all this'. In his twisted rage filled mind he took this as me threatening his mother or some such sh!t.

As far as me being sick it's just a fact. I don't want to get into it but I have been struggling with mental illness for many years and sometimes it can really get out of hand. It's not easy for me to talk like this or about this. I have to forgive myself for some of the embarassing things I've done or else the shame will literally eat me up.

Friends are people who see you at your best and see you at your worst. I know now who my real friends are and a few of them are around here. Many others are just parading around in masks covering up their own twisted, crippled and perverted faces.

If this was just a bunch of music fans it would be a different matter. People are right to question whether this drama is necessary (creating drama is not my intention). What I have been involved in for some time is a questioning of my own values and the values of this group and trying to decipher what it all means. When the going got tough some people in this culture acted as a support system and others just turned on me. I realize it is hard to support someone who is filled with such audacious fury but you know there's other words for it too: mania, madness, inspiration, suffering.

I really wish you all the best (well I guess not all) and sincerely hope that if some awful course of events knocks you down as it has me that there will be people there to help you pick up the pieces.

Ya, I agree too, I hope all works out well. for you.. and I have only known Esau for about a year, from the board and from shows, and to be honest, I would vouche that he is a fu©king stand-up dude, and my friend as well, I hope somewhere down the line some of these fences can be mended.

amor vincit omnia ::

Funny how quick you forget eh Luke,was it not you who persued these criminal charges first? I seem to recall numerous threats to me previous to anything I said to you,I treid to take it in PMs but you decide to post it publically,I email you & you send back the same crap you post here with threats of lawyers,police Your badass "connections" you have,your martial arts training.Also, remember I have been clean longer then you pal,since I got out of Barton (July) and many folks can atest to that.You on the other hand have not and you cannot not even admit it,weak very weak.

As long as you wish to continue your fascade on here then I will continue to take shots at you.Posting all hurt and scared as Zero then 2 minutes or so later posting all tough as Kung proves who has the delusions here or perhaps a multiple personality disorder.

Remember buddy,you made the inital threats,you took the first poke,you just didnt think I would react,now your turning tail like a spinless coward,exaggerating things to suit your motives.

Obviously your are not (or have ever been) man enough to back up what you spew out,I just called you on it....