Jambands.ca

"Masked & Anonymous" Bob Dylan flick.....

Diggzz

Anyone out there seen this. I believe it is from 2003, Bob plays a musician who gets out of jail to playa benefit concert somehwere in South America seems like. Tonnes of Cameo's by stars too (John Goodman stars in it too, Christian Slater is in it, Chris Penn, lot's more). Pretty good

Yeah,its been on TMN recently,I bought the DVD awhile back.

Good moive.

yeah I saw it and really enjoyed it. The person I saw it with thought the central message was how life sucks but I thought it was more saying how life goes on and if you have a good outlook things can always work out?

What did you take from it? curious.

I found the metaphorical meanings to be rather similar to "Renaldo & Clara" with a few new twists and many others not included.Massively shorter then R&C also (by 2 hours or so),as both are sort of distorted views of Dylan's life,obviously larger the life takes on it but thats the idea of Hollywood & Dylan (at times).

From everything I have read its more of a twisted fiction story with hints of Bob's own life in it.Again,very much like Renaldo & Clara.

I really enjoyed the character elements in the movie. John Goodman was pathetically funny, the character Giovanni Ribisi plays is pretty shocking too (guy on the bus) To be honest though, I really didn't try to get too into the meaning of the movie (don't like to do that my first time watching any movie, prefer just to sit back and absorb whatever I can) Then if I feel it need examine anything further I can look for it next time through. Really though I mostly enjoyed seein and hearin Bob play.

For me it was one of my favorite films from last year.

For those that don't know Bob Dylan was the ghost writer for "Masked And Anonymous" and the language of the film shows it to be true.

It felt like one big Dylan song in the form of a major motion picture. It was way better than Dylan's last attempt at the big screen in the 1997 film "Hearts of Fire."