Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo dates announced.

MarcO

I know bro, I'm just teasing.

Bonnaroo was invented for people like TimmyB.

I know you were teasing buddy, I saw the purple font.

Here's a list of the bands I hope make it to this year's bonnaroo:

Beck

Benevento/Russo The Duo (with Mike Gordon or not)

the Black Crowes

Blues Traveler

Col. Bruce Hampton & the Aquarium Rescue Unit

Bruce Hornsby

the Jayhawks

King Crimson

Paul McCartney

Radiohead

R.E.M.

Santana

U2

Tom Waits

Oh yes MarcO I can't forget:

Trey Anastasio Band

the Dead

Galactic

moe.

North Mississippi All Stars

Widespread Panic

and Warren Haynes in either the aforementioned the Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule and/or solo.

I know bro, I'm just teasing.

Bonnaroo was invented for people like TimmyB.

I know you were teasing buddy, I saw the purple font.

Here's a list of the bands I hope make it to this year's bonnaroo:

Beck

Benevento/Russo The Duo (with Mike Gordon or not)

the Black Crowes

Blues Traveler

Bruce Hornsby

the Jayhawks

King Crimson

Paul McCartney

Radiohead

R.E.M.

Santana

U2

Tom Waits

Oh yes MarcO I can't forget:

Trey Anastasio Band

the Dead

Galactic

moe.

North Mississippi All Stars

Widespread Panic

and Warren Haynes in either the aforementioned the Dead, the Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule and/or solo.

and Motley Crue!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Cheese!!

and I love the Col. Bruce Hampton... if there is any act I want to see again in the next year, that is my #1 choice!

[color:"purple"]

Oh my God!! could it be, Timmy B and I agree on music??!!! ::

I like those acts as well, that's why I listed them. Actually I forgot to list SCI but I meant too.

Does the col. play with the fiji? I think it may be something else now too.

Radiohead, while interesting, would be a piss pour choice for Bonnaroo. They bring too much of the main stream crowd, their fans are super die hard and would suffocate us (not that we aren't fans too... but hopefully you see what I'm getting at...)

The story of Bonnaroo 4 will be 4 hard sets of WSP! Keepin it real baby!@!!!!!!!!

Bring on 2005.

Ermmm.... I do believe that Col Bruce separated from the ARU many moons ago now. I think his new band is called The Fiji Mariners.

The Col. Bruce Hampton performed with Jimmy Hearing and Oteil Burbridge on October 19, at Stella Blue's 7 Year Anniversary Part in Asheville, NC.

Also both Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit are both to appear at Jam Cruise 3, so it looks like they will likely perform together.

So here's hoping for more gigs with Col Bruce Hampton and the ARU!

Does the col. play with the fiji? I think it may be something else now too.

Radiohead, while interesting, would be a piss pour choice for Bonnaroo. They bring too much of the main stream crowd, their fans are super die hard and would suffocate us (not that we aren't fans too... but hopefully you see what I'm getting at...)

The story of Bonnaroo 4 will be 4 hard sets of WSP! Keepin it real baby!@!!!!!!!!

Bring on 2005.

I disagree. Radiohead fans, even if they are diehard fans, are a lot less likely to travel far distances to see the band.

The only way I see this being a "problem" (I don't see it as one, but going along with your line of thinking) is if it's the only Radiohead gig in North America at the time. ie. they're doing a one off and are not touring.

Even still Bob Dylan has more diehard fans than Radiohead and when Dylan performed last year I saw many Dylan fans that were there for the night and then got in their cars at day parking and left not to be seen for the rest of the weekend. My point being I could see a similar situation occuring with Radiohead fans, they park at day parking see their band and leave after.

I also even question if Radiohead fans are "main stream." I would enjoy their company as much as any Dead head.