Jambands.ca

String Cheese summer tour

cheesehead

Cheese's summer tour was announced, and as a cheesehead, i am so disappointed. I don't get it. Every time they come up to Canada, they have a great time. Or even Darien Lake, when I saw them last summer, they said that the crowd was awesome. But now, they come no where near, and the one chance I might be able to see them (Bonnaroo), they're not even playing. Does anyone have any idea why they're not playing the first 'roo, and have only elected to play NE? They don't have any shows scheduled during June 13-15, (the dates of 'roo) so do people think they may be a late entry? With such an incredible summer of music, it just wont be the same without seeing cheese.

From String Chesse website

"In anticipation of a new album release this fall and a season full of shows as the leaves turn color, we’ve chosen to savor the summer months ahead and squeeze the vibe for all it has to offer. The U.S venues we’ll visit this summer hold the memory of some of our most magical moments and we are looking forward to the journey."

I could also give you 20 reasons why SCI won't come up to Toronto in the summer time. Hold out for the Fall, they'll tour extensively then.

i was at that darien lake show last summer, it convinced me never to see cheese again actually. i was with this girl and her 3 yr old, the kid got kidnapped by some wookie, i caught a hoola hoop in the head cuz some dude was trying to hoola around his neck, and those cheesey kids use heavy hoops, big wooden ones. in general i just didnt like the vibes i was getting, we got stubbed from lawns to box seats, saw gleeson, that was cool, but no sci for moi, not even if it was free

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

I could also give you 20 reasons why SCI won't come up to Toronto in the summer time. Hold out for the Fall, they'll tour extensively then.

And remember that the fall 2001 tour started with two Canadian dates: Toronto and then Montreal. Here's hoping for a repeat (provided they don't play at the Pheonix in an all-ages way with those nasty security sharks; Massy Hall would be a treat for SCI).

Aloha,

Brad

Firstly, I like the Cheese, so DONT take this the wrong way or personally.

Remember all those jokes people made that SCI would take a direct hit in their crowds (meaning numbers) when Phish came back?

Look at this summers tour schedule from all bands, and recognize that the Cheese are brilliant from a business stand point. They werent about to make any unnecessary bookings.

yeah booche thats a good point, sci blew up when phish took a break, and now that phish is back on the road the sci tour will tone down

that just makes sense right?

im not trying to enrage the cheesers on the board either.

I used to LOVE the Cheese...probably seen 10 shows from spring 98 to fall 2000, but I really lost all the love I had for them...they just changed their sound so much. I mean, if I wanted to listen to Phish, I would just go see Phish. And I always thought there was a pretty brutal attitude that "SCI fans needed

to tell Phish fans how much better SCI was and how much of a better crowd the SCI crowd was. " Anyways, I'm sure thats not how others feel about the band, just my $.02.

In my opinion they lost their uniqueness, and hence to me, their appeal. It's tough as a fan, because you kinda gotta support them as musicians and let them change, right. But at the same time, if it doesn't do it for ya anymore, no point going either.

Stamos

I highly doubt they will play Darien Lake again. If anyone who was there can recall it was not nearly close to full. With Phish and the Dead touring this summer (and playing East Coast Shows), I woulden't bet on Darien. Who knows though.

Hopefully there will be an East Coast Fall Tour.

As a recently slightly-converted SCI-phishead (it happened during the hiatus!) I see this as one of the last opportunities to catch SCI at some of their favorite intimate west coast venues... though I have my IT ticket and mail ordered for alpine/creek, I'm now selling my IT tix and any MO I may score so that I can get my ass out west and catch a sweet run of intimate shows. In fact, I kinda like the idea that horning's is on the same weekend as IT on the opposite coast, it just means that the people there will definitely WANT to be there for the music, and not just the party. Don't get me wrong - IT and creek will be a mind blowing experience. Nothin' like camping out with 70k of other phreakheads! I just can't handle the huge crowds anymore...or maybe its just the traffic jam [Wink]

Can't wait for a fall tour in theatres!

I have fallen out of love with the Cheese in the last couple of years....a few mediocre shows in a row....too much of this, too little of that, bad venues, bad head space.....I try not to blame them....I do like their more acoustic stuff and not so much the heavier Phishy jams that they seem to be moving towards.....

But I expect Horning's Hideout will be like a second (or third?) honeymoon.....Love will be in the air (Horning's will do that to you) Peak Experience Productions really knows how to make beautiful trippy and trippy beautiful.

A Horning's Hideout week-end will change you forever....

Archived