Jambands.ca

Dickey Betts and Great Southern March 9, Toronto

Marky

Good work Marky!!! I'm there with bells on.

Hey seeing as you seem to be down with promoting good shows, I'd love to see the North Mississippi Allstars back in our neighbourhood in the new year. I got into them just as Burnside joined, and now that they're a 3-piece again I'd love to hear what the old-time fans were always talking about. They just came off a tour with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and the late Otha Turner's Rising Star Fife and Drum band, what an excellently percussive show that must have been.

Awesome!!!! I will be there for certain! Taking the next day off work to sleep in and party because it's my mutherfuckin birthday on the 10th!! Zeddy's birthday is the 9th so he'll be down with rockin it too... Stu's here and I just asked him if he's going and he said "Fu©k yeah, can't miss Dickey, man!" So woo hoo to that.

Here's a stu dog original from the Int'l Bluesfest 7.18.03

aco.jpg

Dickey's Snake Skin Shitkickers!!

yes, i'm all over this dickey rocks. High five to you marky for booking these shows. The promotion game is a hard one, with alot of risk and you are doing a great job. keep up the good work.

how funny would it be if dickey were to look out in the crowd and see evey dude sporting a stash?

ps. did you know it's the dead's 40 anniversery next years??? (hint hint)

Good work Marky!!! I'm there with bells on.

Hey seeing as you seem to be down with promoting good shows, I'd love to see the North Mississippi Allstars back in our neighbourhood in the new year. I got into them just as Burnside joined, and now that they're a 3-piece again I'd love to hear what the old-time fans were always talking about.

When they stick to the blues, The NMAs are great and exciting - re: their first album. When they think they are rockers, they suck bad - re: everything they did after their first album.

No matter, they kick it live and I'll see them if they come back to T.O.