Jambands.ca

The Official Jambands.ca LOVE Thread

boogieknight

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you love some weird sh!t mr cheney.

so my love for today goes out to guitar players.

I love jerry garcia

i love jimi hendrix

i love jimmy page

i love frank zappa

i love alvin lee

i love dickey betts

i love duane allman

i love lowell george

i love (early) santana

i love joe walsh (via james gang)

I love jim mc carty

i love trey anastasio

i love deaner

i love dave navarro

i love wes montgomery

i love django rheinhart

i love pat metheny

i love john mc laughlin

i love john scofield

i love lenny breau

and on and on and on....

I also love Einestein, Hawking, and all those other smart-asses that blow my mind away with their facts and theories of time and space.

The fact that space and time are not absolute is just so bedazzling.

Gotta attempt a second read on some of their books... maybe understand more than 20% of it this time.

I also love Einestein, Hawking, and all those other smart-asses that blow my mind away with their facts and theories of time and space.

Gotta attempt a second read on some of their books... maybe understand more than 20% of it this time.

if you like the far out stuff you should check out Drunvalo Melchizedek's - The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life. v1 & v2

these books blew my mind. still on the second volume. these books have changed the way i look at human conscienceness.

flower of life

Assuming you've already read Hawking's A Brief History Of Time, I also recommend an older (probably out of print) book, "Relativity For The Million" by Martin Gardner (who's written loads of books on loads of subjects; he's one of the best explainers around).

(And, for a non-physics wrap-your-brain-around-this-romp kind of book, I heartily recommend Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter. This one's very much like falling down a rabbit hole, and can require several readings to fully "get", but you get different/more stuff with each reading. There's also a connection between Hofstadter and Gardner: Gardner wrote the "Mathematical Games" column in Scientific American magazine. When Gardner retired, Hoftstader took his place, renamed the column to "Metamagical Themas" [an anagram of "Mathematical Games"], and did a great job with it. The Metamagical Themas book is a good read, because the columns are more bite-sized than "Godel Escher Back".)

Aloha,

Brad