Jambands.ca

How popular is your name?

boogieknight

i knew a mary during elementary school. one day out of the blue during grade three she started wearing little flowery mennonite dresses, kinda like little house on the prairie. she even wore bonnets with them sometimes. mary never wore anything but flowery dresses for years, until 2-3 years later she came to school in 'normal' clothes. never saw a sign of the flowery dresses again.

my name floats in the top 100.. craig.

Scott - Means: Of Scottish Origin

Decade Popularity Rank

1900's

1910's

1920's

1930's

1940's

1950's

1960's

1970's

1980's

1990's

i can deal with that.

and for the record, LET IT BE KNOWN, that my sisters middle name is also Mary... not as cool as having it for a first name, but what the hell... its something... cant think of any other first name mary's i've known.. marian's and marianne's a plenty, but no straight up mary's...

1st I tried my name Cary, which is extremely unpopular and hit it's peak in the 60s at 307 and has now dropped off the chart. Then I tried Keri (Backbacon) which apparently didn't even exist until the 60s but hit a peak in the 70s at 219.

Don't get to excited bacon as I think they meant for girls!

Interesting, I would have thought Cary to be more popular than Keri. I would imagine Cary is more popular for males than Keri. However, playing hockey back in the day, I met two guys named Keri, spelled like mine. They were father and son. I wonder if the Keri lotion is named after a guy. Keri Russell (Felicity) spells her name like mine too. (I think)

I met a guy at work who is named Cary and I jokingly told him he spelled his name the girl's way and he got all defensive and informed me that "he spelled it like Cary Grant," to which I replied, well my middle name IS Grant. Which it is.

Quite interesting is the fact that, growing up in chatham, there was a girl a few years older than me who had the same name as me, but spelled Kerri Kennedy. Most interesting is the fact that we shared the same mailing address too. (RR #1 Chatham N7M 5J1) I would get her mail sometimes. She's a firey red-head! Kinda hot! We would say hi to each other in the halls. It would have been neat if we got it on! I still see her the odd time these days. We still say hi. :)