Jambands.ca

Best Let It Grow of all time????

Hux

Well, in the spirit of the holidays, let's bring this important debate to the world.

The question: What is the best Let It Grow in Grateful Dead history?

Well, there are many possibilities, including those tacked onto a Sweet Suite pre '75, so that is also a possibility.

HOWEVER - with the delicious and over-flowing archive.org at the fingertips, I have been doing a little mining myself, and may have found the best Let It Grow ever!

Performed: September 11, 1983 - Downs of Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM - during the first set.

Here's an mp3, check it out, and my apologies in advance if the traffic in this thread overwhelms the board and causes a meltdown. At least it will match the meltdown this Let It Grow caused in my psyche.

(yeah, I've had too much caffeine)

9.11.83 Let It Grow (mp3)

it would have to be this one:

Show #635 - Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA

Performing 10/14/1980 Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA

Acoustic:Intro by Mountain Girl, Dire Wolf, Dark Hollow, Roses, Cassidy, All Around This World, Monkey & Engineer, China Doll, Heaven Help The Fool, Bird Song> Ripple

Electric1:Alabama> Greatest, FOTD, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, Candyman, Rooster*, Tennessee Jed*> Let It Grow*> Wheel*> Music**

Electric2:Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> Terrapin> Playin> Drumz> Miracle> Uncle John> Morning Dew> Playin> Good Lovin

Encore: U. S. Blues, Brokedown

Filler: None

A Rex Foundation benefit - with Wavy Gravy as emcee - *with Bob Weir - Bob also sang the second verse of Tennessee Jed - **with Rob Eaton and Bob Weir

listen here

Favourite seen live:

Solsier Field

Chicago,IL

1991-06-22

that was an all around wicked show ::

i was dosed heavy that night and the fireworks to end the night sent me sailin'

Rich Stadium in Buffalo

another all around beauty!

there had to be 100 thousand people there that day

i think the stadium holds 90 thousand?!

Yep 90k,Rich shows were always alot of fun in my opinion,maybe because there was always so many friends there from Canada,I dunno,but I always had a blast there,sadly but fittingly (sp?),my last show was there in 93.

"The best I saw was 07-16-90"

This Rich Stadium show is possibly my favourite of all of the Dead shows I've been to, for many reasons.

I'm looking out the window of my office as the snow falls and I'm thinking warm summer thoughts ... camping in Allegany State Park with a bunch of friends ... road-tripping from the park to the show ... pre-show parking-lot shenanigans ... and that show ... wow ... brings a smile to my face and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ...

Peace, Mark

Greenbank (which Pinecrest turns into near Baseline) is near the West end of Baseline, almost to the point of being directly South of Bayshore (it's West of the Baseline OC Transpo station, for example). Before amalgamation, it would have been said to have been in Nepean, I think. (The Canada411 map is here, which'll allow for zooming in/out and moving around to get your bearings.)

Aloha,

Brad