Jambands.ca

just cause it's neato

Im going home Donny

'For centuries the people of Tibet and Mongolia have believed in the existance of Shambhala (or Shangri-la), a mystical kingdom hidden behind distant mountains north of the Himalayas. There, a line of enlightened kings is said to be guarding the highest wisdom for a time when all spiritual values in the world outside will be lost in war and destruction. Then, according to prophesy, a great king will come out of this sanctuary to defeat the forces of evil and establish a golden age.'

This would be nice :):P

There's a neat festival in Nelson, B.C. called Shambhala...it's doubtfull our king is crawling out from there.. whom am I to say? :: It seems that there is alot of influences coming from the Burning man fest...very theatrical and trippy. Also set in the mountains of B.C.'s interior landscape...well it looks and feels very hobbitish.

Lots of interesting people :)

Unfortunately they don't seem to be stepping up with live music...I'm hoping this will change cause its such a sweet spot and vibe.

p.s....late night too buzzed...just sharing what I think is neat) :P bear with me.

Bear rocks ::

The best publisher of "Eastern Philosophy" texts and translations as well as the school that has birthed everything from beat poets to hippies to some of the most extreme intellectuals North America has seen is also called Shambala. The school is in Colorado and Weebs cousin went there for awhile and learnt to paint silk!!! :)

Sounds fun. :)

hmmm...neat stuff. Back in September of 1994 I hiked the entire Sangre de Cristo(Blood of Christ?)mountain range, it took one month of no fu©king around hiking.

I have a note to the universe enclosed in a weather proofed capsule, under a pile of rocks, at the top an 8000 ft peak....funny I can't recall exactly what it said...something about please be nice to us all...something silly like that...haha anyone want to go check?

The range itself certainly is awe inspiring. Unfortunately my photos burned...whatever...if ever I was tempted to believe in some sort of god of some sort...it was up on top those peaks.

Beats-every year since I left the interior I say I'm going back timed with Shambhala....it just never happens...mabey in two summers from now. When I left the interior, I planned on being back in a couple of months....8 or 9 years later :P

check out this book --- Shambhala, The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa--- I read it about 2 years ago upon recommendation by a friend and it changed some of my perspective on life/living at that time. I think I will read it again!

If anyone in the Hamilton area would like to do a book borrow/trade I am willing with this one.