Jambands.ca

ashlee booed off stage

bouche

cool is right.

though i try to be optimistic and idealistic, MAYBE this stadium full of "booers" is a start of things to come - where people are going to stop supporting "products" (i wouldn't dare refer to her as an artist or musician, let alone an entertainer - a manufactured product of pop culture is what she is) like Simpson and will increase their support for live local music, theatre, dance and art.

Idealistic? Yes. But hey, it could happen.

well, the milli vanilli scandal was a bit different -- it wasn't like they were just lip synching when performing live, they had other people singing their songs for them from the beginning. ashlee on the other hand, is lip synching to (certainly a highly processed and over-produced version of) herself. if it ever came out that another singer is the one on her records, i'm sure her career would be as much in the toilet as the vanillis. (although i would hope not, seeing as 1/2 of that band committed suicide). also, milli vanilli was the first we'd seen of this type of thing on such a huge scale, so that sort of diluted the scandal factor on things like this happening today. plus, ashlee is definitely not the first person since milli vanilli to be caught lip synching, so it's not like this is amazingly new & different information.

i feel kinda bad for ashlee simpson. as funny as all of this is for everyone, public humilation on a worldwide scale has gotta be horrible, especially if you're just a young girl... and i'm sure she personally is not the one in charge of making decisions like this. i saw an interview with her once last year (before her album ever came out), and she came across as a sweet kid, with a good sense of humour... definitely more on planet earth than her space cadet sister.... so hopefully she's got enough humour in her these disasters won't destroy her personally.

having said that however... i think it's just silly to CONTINE lip synching after you've already been caught once. geez. and i do agree it would be nice if we as a society really did start to say NO to having fake sh!t like this shoved down our throats all the time. there are a lot of talented people on this planet who could bring much more to the stage than an right-off-the-assembly-line-look-at-me-i'm-the-younger-sister-of-a-pop-star product of a record company.

but i do think it would be much more effective to boycott entire record COMPANIES who are trying to trick the public into believing these artists are legitimate, rather than just the artists themselves. if a whole bunch of people refuse to buy ashlee simpson records, big whoop to the record company, they find the next cute face with no talent to sell to the public. if a whole bunch of people say "okay that's it, i'm boycotting [insert record label here]", suddenly the record company is like "WHOA, we are losing tons of money! that's it, we're only focusing on energy on promoting people who can stand on a stage and sing live".

anyway yeah... here's to people with real talent! ::

I read an article about this fiasco. Because of the SNL thing she actually declined using a backing vocal track at the Orange Bowl, which is pretty much unheard of given the size of the venue, the fact that it's outdoors and the sound quality of just one live voice is insufficient quality-wise. I think tha took some guts on her part, and I agree that the world needs fewer Ashlee Simpsons but at least she's got something to offer people musically. Take Paris Hilton as a far worse of example...she's a professional celebrity who just wrote a goddamned bestseller?!

Just when you think pop music is going down the shitter you get someone like Kanye West or Alicia Keys who seems to be putting something interesting out to people. All hope is not lost.

"Just when you think pop music is going down the shitter you get someone like Kanye West or Alicia Keys who seems to be putting something interesting out to people. All hope is not lost."

or the roots... or common sense... or Kweli... or slum village... or outkast... or...

That was a wonderful rant Princess, but in this case, I apologize, I don't agree with feeling any sort of sympathy for her. On "Saturday Night Live" (LIVE) she used backup vocals. In other words, she doesn't have enough talent to sing live, so she should not be singing at the National Championship, she should not be getting anymore record deals, and to go beyond that, she shouldn't be warranting any sort of attention period. Sorry she is being made an example of, she is a pop-star because of her sister's reputation and image, not because she is an artist. So adios Ashley, go find something else to do with your life, and let the actual artists make a living from the music industry. There are millions of decent kids out there that will never make millions of dollars because of a lucky break.

I think it's sh!tty regardless. There were a lot of performers on that field(dancers, band memebers) that did not deserve that reaction, plus, is she not just a kid? Whatever...it's not like she ripped up a picture of the pope(not that I dont agree with the idea behind sineads bizzare snl act, I wouldn't have done it on live TV) she had a sore throat and decided to use a vocal track. All the pop stars do it, she just had a tuff break and got caught.

as much as i hate who ashlee simpson is, i do feel sorry for her...

talent, no talent...to get up infront of 70 000 and millions of viewers at home, and sing...no matter how trained, over produced, and instructed you are...it takes alot of guts....and to get booed off stage like that, and to be the joke of america, it must really hurt...and she's a young girl.

don't boo ashlee simpson, she is just a pawn, the girl living next door could have been her, boo yourselves (america) for letting music become a product.

haha, burn her at the stake! I know she doesn't deserve all the flack, but someone from the tweenies has to go down!

And by the way, the new Degrassi kicks A$$!! At first I resisted, but I'm hooked now! How sick was the episode where Spike's daughter finds her dad in the hospital still messed up from the LSD he took at the Gourmet Scum concert!

this thread is hilarious! (well the degrassi stuff is anyways) i thought i would have to stay in the degrassi closet, but aparently there isn't any room left with all of you fu©ker in there! hahahah. wow, i feel like a little bit less of a dillhole. i just started watching it about a month ago, it's great! last night i saw the blowjob episode, was that new?