Jambands.ca

QOTD-1/6/5-Strange food choices?

Patchoulia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, i've heard enough people rave about peanut butter and pickles that i am seriously beginning to consider trying this concoction! what kind of pickles are best? dill? polskie ogorskie? bread & butter? gerkin? (haha jerkin' the gerkin'!!!.

i like mayonaise with my fries, but that's not very strange here in canada. one of the oddest food combinations i've ever tried (recommended by a friend -- and by "recommended" i do mean prepared for me and practically forcefed to me with a hearty "you HAVE to try this, i know it seems strange but it is SO good! no i don't care, you are trying this, HERE") is the following:

-toasted bread

-slather with peanut butter

-drizzle a small amount of BBQ sauce over the peanut buttter

-sprinkle a good handful of rice krispies on top.

he was right. it was damn good. and such a wonderful combination of textures and flavours.

i don't know if this counts as strange, but i like making egg mcmuffins at home and putting miracle whip & a bit of bbq sauce on 'em. avec fromage of course. mmmmmmm.

Although I don't eat eggs anymore, that was the only way I liked french toast, too.

But then, I'm sort of obsessed with anything on which I can put ketchup. When I was little my dad called me The Ketchup Kid (which, by the way, I think would be a great name/concept for a super hero..).

He used to say that I'd put ketchup on ice cream if I could. Finally, I did just that--because I could. It wasn't good. But I proved him wrong. Ha!

He used to say that I'd put ketchup on ice cream if I could. Finally, I did just that--because I could. It wasn't good. But I proved him wrong. Ha!

Wow, I was about to tell the exact same story about my best childhood friend. The difference was he liked it! Then one day he tried ketchup on chocolate ice cream and apparently it ruined the whole experience for him.

peanut butter seems to be my safety when im teaming it up with anything...

toasted peanut butter and cheese sandwhich

roast beef sandwhich with peanut butter and diana sauce

peanut butter and vector sandwhiches

and maybe my favourite peanut butter concoction is the wally burger at prince al's diner: bacon, peanut butter, cheese, all on a thick burger topped however you like! even with a pickle, if you so desire.

i like a lot of other weird stuff, too.