Jambands.ca

QOTD-1/6/5-Strange food choices?

Patchoulia

"i also like spaghetti sauce on rice."

me too. :)

with hot sauce.

add broccoli and tofu and you get what i had for breakfast. with a huge coffee to wash it down with of course. i got that canadian coffee "kicking horse" the mocha yoho blend. it's really good. it's a great strong flavour without that bitterness that you get with a lot of so-called "gourmet" coffees. and it's organic too!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cafeteria here at work makes some pretty strage stuff sometimes. Around Thanksgiving I bought a Cream of Brocolli soup, under the assumption that is what I would be eating. With one taste I almost puked and after further investigation they told me that they had boiled down the turkey bones from the turkey dinner 5 days earlier to make the broth. How difficult is cream of brocolli for christsakes I thought to myself. Or if this is a cost cutting measure just put a note on the menu "Cream of Brocolli and Turkey bones and sh!t" for example. I haven't eaten any meat since the 90s, but even those who do eat meat here were disgusted as it just tasted wrong.

Sorry for bitching here, but I guess I'm glad to have a forum to rant about it.

I imagine this sorta thing happens to lotsa vegetarians......

1. Sugar on tomatoes is fantastic (sugar/salt/pepper is good, too). Particularly if they're fresh out of the garden.

2. number2, I'm intrigued...I love how casually you drop your friend "crazyjoe" into a conversation without feeling any need to tell the story behind "crazyjoe"--do tell!

i don't eat much of these things anymore because I am not a big sugar fiend but try these...

dutch pancakes (like crepes--thin pancakes) with peanut butter, or icing sugar. You roll it up and then cut a bite off and eat it!!! mmmmmmmmm

OR

white rice (don't eat that anymore either...could try it with brown i am sure) with butter and brown sugar. I am told this is a dutch thing too. It seems the dutch put sugar on lots of things...especially sugar on bread.

Peanut butter (especially crunchy) and butter on a toasted waffle still makes me weak in the knees.

Wait--were you my roommate in second year university?!

He used to do just that--only he'd then put it in the microwave so all the peanut butter would melt (and would, subsequently, permeate the entirety of the house with peanut butter stench).

When i was a kid I loved white bread with kraft singles smothered in Miracle Whip (f uc k mayonaise, miracle whip all the way)with a helping of salt and vinigar chips on the sandwich, not to weird I suppose, but damn good. I also have a week spot for strawberry milk, like the strawberry cow kind.

First, I don't know how weird this is, but many people have found the following to be strange:

I can't stand mashed potatoes, however, I LOVE the just-add-water variety of mashed potatoes. Is that weird?

Second, I seem to recall our own lovely Velvet living almost exclusively on "mock-spam" sandwiches for about 6 months in the late '90s. Now, that's weird!

ooo how i love the food threads!

philips i am SO glad you brought this up, i have been trying to spread the good word about the PB and pickles and i tell ya, til now the people haven't wanted to listen. i stick with the dill-types, not a sweet pickle kind of girl.

also like PB on apples,

also sour cream or mustard on tomato (good good good)

and cereal at any and all times of day. or toast.

mmmmmmmmmm!

vegan pizza

humous and spicy tomato sauce mix

marinaded 3 bean salad spread evenly overtop

toppings: corn, red peppers and broccoli

used to order it at the bar where I worked and they ended up putting it on the menu, got pretty popular... my next step is to include some type of nuts into it

I also like the just add water potatoes, used to sneak into the hospital for those and gravy in my teen years

i like this thread.

i think im going to have to try a few things.

definitely going to bbq some burgers soon, for peanut buttering.

becky, i'll let you make my first PB, BBQ sauce and rice krispie sandwich..

myself, i like strawberry jam on a ham sandwich. mmm...

cheese and honey sandwiches are good too. cheddar and creamed, respectively.

and honey on popcorn. melt it in with the butter.

bon appetit!

and honey on popcorn. melt it in with the butter.

man, i've been thinking of trying that with kickass maple syrup.

oh, and any cereal mixers out there? i used to love to get a pot out and dump 3 or 4 different kinds in, a quart of milk, and sit down for the young and the restless. man. highschool!

ok ummm honeycomb and cocoa puffs are really good. any sugary cereal with raisin bran is good too. ever tried your cereal with choco or strawberry milk?

ketchup on french toast all the way, ketchup on bacon and KD too.

celery with peanut butter inside with raisins on top is excellent (we called it ants on a log as a kid)

i will not eat reheated food. if it's frozen that's ok, but if it's been cooked to eating styles and put in the fridge it'll just sit there till i throw it out. i'm weird.

ummm my PB match is PB, banana and honey sandwiches on toast of course.