Jambands.ca

Wilco news....

M

> Wilco will be the musical guest tonight on Letterman (keeping Sir Bacon company) ;)

> Wilco are also on Austin City limits tomorrow night (Sat. Jan 8th) on PBS

> from nme

WILCO will release a new version of their current album 'A GHOST IS BORN' before they undertake short UK tour in March.

The band will play two dates in Britain. The new version of the 2004 record, complete with a host of additional material, will be issued on March 7, shortly before the shows, which are at:

Nottingham Rock City (March 13)

London Hammersmith Carling Apollo (14)

I didn't watch it. To be honest, I don't really like Wilco. I've listened to a bunch of their stuff, it doesn't move me. It's not a full on hate, like I have for Ween, but I'd prefer not to hear much Wilco... I thought I'd give the ACL show a try, but decided not to bother... I guess it's a good thing I didn't go out of my way to watch it last night...

i've been told the same thing about MMJ, and have tried... and each time gets a little better, but so far..... not so much.

surprised wilco doesnt do it for ya, Del. i figured you'd be on board with at least the last couple albums. oh well..

we'll always have bobby.......... and the slip.

I really tried with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (or whatever it's called)... I listened to that for like 2 weeks straight... It just didn't click... Then again, according to Stapes (and just about everyone else in Ottawa) I should be all over Ween... Again, no dice... Oh and guigsy, listening to that late night High Sierra Slip set as I type... Brilliant... How about that Fuji?

well if your not a wilco fan i don't know. i'd put them in the same genre. kind of alt country rockabilly rock goodness. great harmanies and lyrics and killer guitar work.

and yeah i guess bright eyes is mainly this conor dude and has a revolving door of other musicians helping him out.

bright eyes info

Key word(s) there are alt-country... I really like some old country, and I'm big time into bluegrass, but this alt-country stuff just doesn't do it for me...

Is this Bright Eyes kid the same guy behind Broken Social Scene, Godspeed You Black Emperor, etc?

here's a question.... can wilco still be put in the circle of alt country rockabilly bands after the last couple records? sure, after AM, and after Being There, no doubt... and i guess once you get labelled, you're kinda stuck... but personally, i dont get much alt country rockabilly from either of the last 2, and not much from Summerteeth, either... i suppose its an undertone that will always be there, especially in tweedy's lyric writing... but i get more of a textured, layered, weirdness feeling from them these days, to go with the rock goodness, than i do alt country rockabilly... just thinking out loud, really... i dunno... maybe i should put the records on again... its never a bad idea. :)

yeah i wouldn't call YHF alt country i guess. your right with the labels thing they get stuck with it. but there is definately a folk country feel to the last two records. i could see how they could be considered boring by some but to me YHF was the farthest thing from boring. i like layed back tunes you can sing to when your driving. and i do a lot of driving.