Jambands.ca

DSO getting baked in Florida:)

bONES

Well, here we are in Orlando, Florida after a LONG bus ride from Memphis.

The last couple nights have been LATE ones. The gig in New Orleans didn't start until 11pm and the show last night began at midnight! So needless to say, I was pleased when 4am rolled around and we were busting down the stage and packing the truck.

Jimmy's Club in N'awlins was a dive! The bar ended up cancelling on Garaj Mahal (who were scheduled to start right after DSO), so a bunch of us from the band and crew went to Wedsee Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey with guest drummer Johnny ???? shit...Videcchio (i think)

they were awesome...even at 4:30 in the morning!!!

Jeff Pevar was there getting his groove on:)

Last nights show was at The Daisy Theatre...also a dive with shady management

most people were loaded by the time they came through the door, but it was a good time:)

We have the next couple days off before Dark Star plays the House of Blues on Wednesday night. Looks like golf and the beach for a lot of us.

It's damn hot here, so I do believe we'll all be getting "baked" in the sun here for the next couple days [Cool][Wink][big Grin]

Anyone coming to Florida this week???

Wednesday...May 6th...Orlando, HOB

Thursday.......May 7th...West Palm Beach, Carefree Theatre

Friday & Saturday...8th/9th...Suwanee River Music Park "Magnolia Ball" @ Live Oak

Show #790 - Fri, May 2, 2003 at Jimmy's, New Orleans, LA

Performing 7/27/1974 Civic Center, Roanoke, VA (Donna Show)

1: Bertha, Mexicali, Row Jimmy, Jack Straw, Half Step> Roses, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Playin

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Me & My Uncle, Ramble On, Big River, U.S. Blues> Promised, Brokedown Palace, NFA> GDTRFB> Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Eyes

Filler: Truckin*

One drummer (Dino) - *with Rob on drums

Show #791 - Sat, May 3, 2003 at New Daisy Theater, Memphis, TN

Performing 4/19/1987 Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, Laguna Hills, CA

1: Half Step> Franklin's, Minglewood, Ramble On, Tons Of Steel, Box Of Rain, Cassidy, Alabama> Promised

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider> Woman Smarter> Black Muddy River> Miracle> Cumberland> Drumz> Other One> Wharf Rat> NFA

Encore: NFA, Brokedown

Filler: Saturday Night

Midnight show (so really it was 5-4-03)

[Wink]

Archived