Jambands.ca

Apple Mac Mini released

paisley

mac-mini-230x250.gif

retailing for about $640 in Canada, on sale January 22 in the states

dimensions - 6.5" x 6.5" x 2"

1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 processor and a 40 GB hard drive, while the higher-end version ($800) comes with a 80 GB hard drive and 1.42 GHz processor.

Processor speed and hard drive capacity aside, both minis share all specifications including 256 MB of RAM, expandable to 1 GB; a combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive; an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card with 32 MB of memory; one FireWire 400 and two USB 2.0 ports; a 10/100 Ethernet card and V.92 compliant 56K modem; a built-in speaker and 3.5 mm line out port; and a DVI output with an included DVI-to-VGA adapter.

Optional accessories include an internal AirPort Extreme card for Wi-Fi 802.11g, an internal Bluetooth module and an adapter to convert the VGA/DVI out to composite or S-Video out.

Mac OS X version 10.3 is pre-installed on every Mac mini, and provides a familiar range of applications including iChat video conferencing, Mail, the Safari web browser, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player and the Classic environment. In addition, the Mac mini will come with software targeted towards families including Quicken 2005 for Mac and the games Nanosaur 2 and MarbleBlast Gold.

you have to supply your own keyboard, monitor and mouse

Apple Mac Mini

Once you go Mac you'll never go back... I've had my iMac G4 for, well, a couple of years, still works great, and I will never buy a PC again... This Mac Mini looks sweet! I wonder if I could plug the Mac Mini into my G4 and have an extra drive? That would be sweet...

yep, I could plug this into the TV.

Damn, that would be a sweet little machine to do stuff on. Jobs is really trying to get me into the Mac....

actually, was reading in a forum earlier this morn that it doesn't have a 'tv out' so I'd look twice into that feature (maybe they were wrong about that though)... someone was griping about that, as well that upgrading the RAM to a Gig through Apple looks to be expensive (though cheaper through other venders)

still a neat lookin little system, so small... would expect a few PC users to pick them up just to check out a Mac sys

Del's old G4 is one of the coolest looking machines I've ever seen