Jambands.ca

Who's got my heady new job?

Del

I'm looking for a new job, preferably in Ottawa... OK, it has to be in Ottawa. I still have a job, but the carpenter I am currently employed by has had four contracts taken away from him recently (through no fault of his own), meaning that I haven't been getting many hours lately... In fact, I haven't worked once this week... I can't afford not to be actively looking for a new job. Things should pick up for my boss in the spring, but I can't wait that long. I have bills and rent to pay... So does anyone in Ottawa have any leads? I'm willing to do just about anything besides a fast food gig (not that there's anything wrong with working in fast food, but I did my time with that in high school...). I've been putting out resumes, but no leads yet... Hopefully someone on here will have my heady hook up... Thanks...

LOL..no doubt eh?

Good luck bro,you'll get somthing.

Hey and if ya don't, we can always grow peyote and sell it on Bisco tour....that is if they (or us for that matter) are still around in seven years until its done growing...

3 guesses what I was lucky enough to "sample" this evening.... ::

Sorry man,I know the difference between jimpson weed and lets say....ummm....laying back listening to a grab bag of 72 tour madness and letting my soul leave this cage for 6 measley hours.

Damn! I love the 'dam

***PS.Sorry to infect your job thread Del..... ::

del if i can help ya out by giving you a lift somewhere, like to drop off resumes or go to an interview or something, just let me know! just give me a bit of heads up so i can make sure i get home early that day. best of luck bud. :)

PS have you tried any temp/recruitment agencies? some of my friends have had luck with those places.

If you're not into Fast Food but have food experience there's been quite a few help wanted signs in restaurant windows along Bank and along Elgin. I know Subway isn't glamorous but the one near Bank/Gilmour had one.

I would definitely hit up Adecco or Randstad, especially Randstad as many people have never heard of them but they offer really good short-term and contract jojbs. I did one with them in Guelph a few years ago and couldn't believe how fast they found work for me.

any cell phone sales place has a killer bonus structure, but you have to sell cell phones, so that might be a downer for you. i worked in a mall for a while (at cole's) and the people at the cell phone places got paid the best out of anyone. (there was wireless wave, rogers and telus)

When I moved to Hamilton in September I was a little worried that I wouldn't find a job soon enough and would have trouble paying rent. When I was sending out resumes, I guess one of the jobs I applied for was through an agency (though I didn't realize it at the time), so when I sent my resume, the agency got ahold of it. I didn't get the job I applied for, but about two weeks later I got a call from the agency. I chatted with them on the phone for about 5 minutes and then they wanted me to come into their office and chat. I said ok, but I was extremely wary. I had no experience with job agencies, and all I could think of was the garnishment my wages were going to suffer because of my affiliation with the agency.

Anyway this agency turned out to be somewhat small-time, but extremely friendly, efficient, and generally awesome. I had two interviews within a week of having my initial interview with the agency, and I had a job within a week and a half. Not only that, but a job that is walking distance from my house! That's a huge bonus. This agency, it turns out, specializes mainly in office work, and that's what I do. Filing, faxing, that crap. They have a sister agency, though, that deals in trades and general labour and other manners of non-office work, so if there's one here I'm sure there's one in Ottawa. I have to say, even though I was skeptical about agencies for a long time, my first actual experience with one has been great. Good luck to you dude.