Jambands.ca

5 Disc Rotation - broken finger edition

scottieking

Neko Case & The Sadies - The Tigers Have Spoken

It's good good good, but it's only 34 minutes long... See if you can find it used, I wasn't too happy paying $20 for basically a live EP...

Feb 11 in Montreal... See it live, I'll be there... For less than the price of the CD actually ::

AD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Plaskett, truthfully truthfully

I see this is on GM's and meggo's lists.... Are you guys going to the show on Friday night? I will be there...

Also, for the Waterloo people, he's playing on the 27th I believe at the Starlight, my friend's excellent band The Frontier Index are opening.

You can also catch them on February 5 here in Ottawa opening for Cuff the Duke at Babylon. I know there's another show that night that seems to have everyone here excited, but why not check out some different music too?

AD

That "In Good Company" soundtrack sounds pretty nice, I be checking it out some day!

Yeah Low Roller, its a good mix of roots and dub reggae weirdness.. I believe the story is, Madlib was given full access to Trojan Records' catalogue and told to mix away. Its got lotsa sweet guitar chuck nuggets inside!

Oh yeah I've also been diggin' Talking Heads "Fear of Music", so good! Meggo, I recommend starting on that one and working outwards.

Oh yeah I've also been diggin' Talking Heads "Fear of Music", so good! Meggo, I recommend starting on that one and working outwards.

Really? I think "Fear Of Music" is great, but I'd start with "Stop Making Sense", it's got more songs that are easily recognized... Psycho Killer, Burning Down the House, Making Flippy Floppy, Once In A Lifetime, Take Me To The River and Crosseyed And Painless, to name a few... It's all good, to be honest...

i know most of the old standards... i was listening to 'sand in the vaseline' at my bro's awhile back and just lovin it. maybe in another paycheque or two i'll go after that... or one your suggestions... we'll see!

and, AD - i'm not sure about this friday. i would looooove to go see joel plaskett (never have) but i'm afraid money is tight at the moment and i have to start savin my pennies to get me thru the summer months. miracles happen and damn... yeah... but i think (hope) that he tours enough that i won't have to wait too too long before he comes around again.

Oh, and if you want to read one of the worst-written books about anything, by anyone, I totally recommend the Talking Heads bio This Must Be The Place by this dude named David Bowman. It's truly horrible - one of the most-awful books I've ever read - but you will learn a bit about the band. Of course, the guy had no first-hand access to any of the band members, but some things are just facts, y'know?