Jambands.ca

Is Gosh the new Giv'er???

Del

Does anyone remember when the whole Giv'er craze swept through the Skanc? Remember when all anyone would talk on the weekend was how hard they were Givin'er? Remember how fast it got old? Well, here we are, about a year later, and Gosh seems to be creeping into a large amout of posts... Now it's nowhere near the abuse that was associated with Giv'er, and I'll admit that Napolean Dynamite was a (somewhat) funny movie, but come on people... Napolean Dynamite wasn't so good that we should go around quoting it on a daily basis... And Gosh really is only funny because of the way Napolean says it... Gosh itself is kind of lame... What's next? Jeepers Creepers? Maybe I'm being a little harsh, and I should let this one play itself out, but before I have to hear it at every party and festival I attend this year, let's all take a step back and ask ourselves - "Do I really want to be like Napolean?"...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why is everyone saying GOSH? well i think it's pretty simple really - because it's funny and people like to laugh and be silly sometimes. There's really no deep meaning here - although maybe I’m not analyzing this as intensely as you are. But I can probably bet people are going to say it a lot more when they're around you now Del... ;)

But I can probably bet people are going to say it a lot more when they're around you now Del... ;)

Probably... I call it the Ween syndrome... Oh, Del hates Ween? Let's put it on more... Maybe he'll "get it"... It's not that Gosh pisses me off, I just can see it getting over used already... And like I said, Napolean Dynamite really wasn't that good... Go ahead and keep "Gosh-ing it up", but when everyone's bitching about it in a couple of months, don't say I didn't warn you...

Swifty. You shut it off before the dance scene? That's the stupidest thing anyone has ever done..ever.

I'll take Gosh anyday because it least it has an important pop culture construct to fall back on. If the give'er that seemed so prevalent was based on Dean and Terry well then fine, I'll give you that...but Napoleon dynamite was damn funny and no one should listen to Del because he said he hated the Slip and now he won't shut up about them GOSH!

I think you're just jealous because I've been online chatting with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.