Jambands.ca

Snow Day.

scottieking

No, my school doesn't really have one, but the roads were so sh!tty and I live a half an hour drive away, I put in for an "act of nature" day. Being from the Bruce, I missed having real snow days so I made my own!

Now the question is what to do with it? So far, it's been bacon and eggs, the Globe and Mail and two cups of coffee and dropping by here. Currently listening to Of Montreal for the first time (not bad, nice and light)

Where to next?

No, my school doesn't really have one, but the roads were so sh!tty and I live a half an hour drive away, I put in for an "act of nature" day. Being from the Bruce, I missed having real snow days so I made my own!

Now the question is what to do with it? So far, it's been bacon and eggs, the Globe and Mail and two cups of coffee and dropping by here. Currently listening to Of Montreal for the first time (not bad, nice and light)

Where to next?

Back to bed? (OK, you've had two cups of coffee, so that may not work...)

If sleep isn't working, how about spending some time in the kitchen, making stock, soup, chili, pasta sauce, whatever; make a whole bunch, and freeze it in small(er), single-meal portions (reserving enough for lunch or dinner tonight).

Aloha,

Brad

I've already thrown some ribs in the crockpot but that doesn't count as I got that ready last night. But ribby goodness will be mine tonight.

What do you do, let them slow cook for a while, then put them on the grill or something to finish them up? I've thought about doing some crockpot ribs before, just never looked into it.

I just so happen to have my recipe book at work...

For the King's Kids RIBS:

Slowcooker 10-12 hours!

Brown Sugar - 2 cups

All purpose flour - 1/4

Water - 1/3 cup

White vinegar - 1/2 cup

Soy sauce - 2 tbsp

Ketchup - 2 tbsp

Ground ginger - 1/4 tsp

Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp or real garlic

3lbs of 2 or 3 rib sections

Mix brown sugar and flour in saucepan. Add water. Stir. Add next 5 ingre. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.

Layer ribs in CrockPOT - spoon sauce over - \

Cook on Low for 10-12 hours or high for 5 to 6 hours

The ribs will melt in your mouth. Turn the slow cooker on before you leave for work and a perfect meal for the end of the day!

ENJOY