TimmyB

On sale today (Friday January 21) at 10AM

www.hob.ca

STEVE EARLE AND THE DUKES

LEGAL AGE 19

PALAIS ROYALE

1601 LAKESHORE BLVD W

FRI MAR 4, 2005 DRS 8PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this great singer/songwriter perform songs off his most recent release "The Revolution Starts... Now" (2005 E-Squared/Artemis) which has songs that are still relevant because Bush won his second term in office.

Brad, I guess Kimock's out... I've seen Kimock (and worth every penny, I might add..), never seen Steve Earle... Too bad, Kimock in VT would have been fun... Looks like 2005 is shaping up like the last two years - too much sh!t going on at the same time... Oh well..

The Steve Earle ticket I purchased today was $48 after service charges (Tix $37.50 SC $10.50), well worth the price of admission IMO.

I'm glad that you guys don't have to travel 1,000 plus kilometres (round trip) to see Earle.

I missed the last time he performed in Toronto, regrettably as a song from that show was used in his film "Just An American Boy," though I did see Earle show the film for the first time in Toronto a year later.

I've seen him perform four times (Once with the Dukes, twice with the Del McCoury Band and once solo with Emmylou Harris, Bruce Cockburn, John Prine, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Nancy Griffith for the Concert for a Landmine Free World)?

Damn! Guelph as well? I think at the moment I'll be happy with TO and see what unfolds in the next couple of months.

As of today I bought tickets for Steve Earle, From the Jayhawks Mark Olson & Gary Louris in Ann Arbor, MI. And next week I'll be buying tickets for bonnaroo and possibly U2 tickets whick will be going on sale soon.

I've seen the Del McCoury Band five times, once on their own (bonnaroo '02), twice with Phish (Oswego '99, Tennessee '00 [also with Ricky Skaggs and Sam Bush!]) and twice with Steve Earle (Farm Aid '98, Toronto '99).

Talking about the Steve Earle with the Del McCoury Band shows, since this is a Steve Earle Thread, were great. The first one in Tinley Park, Ill for Farm Aid was the first time I saw both artists, though it was a benefit length set so it was short.

The second time in Toronto was the exact opposite of short, even when it comes to jamband standards! Both Earle and the Del McCoury Band took the stage at the Guvernment for a forty minute set, then the Del McCoury Band performed alone for thirty-forty minutes, then Steve Earle performed a solo set for an fifty minutes to an hour and then they closed out together again for another thirty plus minutes!

I personally love how the Del McCoury Band perform all their instruments off of one giant boom mic infront of them! When someone in the band solos they move up to the mic and everybody moves a bit back. When they sing all of their heads are close up to the mic and they even fade out by walking in unison backwards!

I'm so looking forward to seeing Steve Earle and the Dukes together again. The only time I saw them was at another Farm Aid so I've yet to see them headline a show together!

I personally love how the Del McCoury Band perform all their instruments off of one giant boom mic infront of them! When someone in the band solos they move up to the mic and everybody moves a bit back. When they sing all of their heads are close up to the mic and they even fade out by walking in unison backwards!

I believe they have since moved to two mics, which is a shame... Colour me jealous... I love Del... (Where do you think I got my name from?) Steve Earle is awesome, I really hope this works out for me and I get to see him... Worse comes to worse I'll borrow money from the 'rents and grab a ticket... It's not going to be as intimate as the Palais, but who cares... It's Steve fu©king Earle... It really should be a throwdown... Shitfaced is right, Booche... I hope some of the SoOn kids consider coming down for this, a Saturday night throwdown in Ottawa? Should be a great night...

It's too bad that this show is scheduled less than a week before Dickey Betts' gig at the Opera House. Of course they don't have the same fan base, but there must be some considering going to one or the other, but not both - like me.

Hey Jaimoe,

I'm just curious, which way are you leaning?

My money is that you're leaning towards Dickey Betts.

" once solo with Emmylou Harris, Bruce Cockburn, John Prine, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Nancy Griffith for the Concert for a Landmine Free World" :: ::

SWEET!

i dig Dickey and Steve myself, but the Earle show is on a Friday night so I'll consider it first. that is if i'm not on nights that week. damn work.