Jambands.ca

Joel Plaskett / Cuff the Duke tonight in Hamilton

paisley

meggo you might be thinking about another show, tickets for this were $10 in advance. And well worth it, I might add. I'm off work at 8, can't wait for the show.

i was talkin about the joel plaskett/cuff the duke show that was in ottawa this past weekend. 25 bones, no doubt about it. but like i said - i absolutely don't regret it, the show was awesome, and since the hamilton folks get it at half the price they should definitely G-O!!! :D

... should be a fairly intimate show being a Monday and all

Highly doubtful man,I saw the last Cuff the duke show the other week and the place was over flowing,dont imagine it'll be any different tonight.

Myself,Cuff the duke didnt do much for me and I have decided to pass,hope all that go have a blast.

Myself,Cuff the duke didnt do much for me

i've heard that from a few people, and honestly i felt the same way the first time i saw them.

then i started listening to their Life Stories for Minimum Wage cd...over and over and over again ::

Saturday nights performance by them was OUTSTANDING

they stole the show in my opinion and are probably my Favourite band out there right now!

I so wish i could have been in Hamilton tonight

oh boy

i am drunk

it's been a long, long while since i've gone out and gotten drunk

usualloy I am high but tonight got DRUNCVK

jhamie is here, there's some weed being smoked

i'm sure he'll have his own version of events

joel plBaskett and emergencu band were fu©king rockin tonight

nice to meet Brodie and hamilton tonight

fuckingf good time

AP;OKSJDFG;LKAJSDF;OIAP;SUJDF;POIKAZSJDF

Ermmm... yeah. Rick Danko and Richard Manuel have left us.... Levon Helm is stil alive. Jhamie, what are you thinking?

Brodie - no, I don't think we've ever met. Not to my knowledge, anyway. I should have asked Sunny to point you out for me.

(sh!t... is that how you spell Sunny's name? I've only known her for, like, ten years... I should probably know by now...)

Ugh

They were quite awesome last night

Cuff the Duke also quite impressed me, I hadn't seen them for about 2 years and they have gotten a lot more progressive. Especially enjoyed their last tune.

As for Joel, his guitar playing really shone last night; he's always played a great guitar but I think last night he was in more of a wailing mood. They played It's Catching On from Khyber, I don't recall ever hearing them play it before. Anyway in the end it fused into a jam that I can only describe as being very 70's blues rock influenced. I got a Jeff Beck vibe from it.

Anyway, awesome show, I became quite inebriated as you can see above, t'was a good time.

I was thinkin I'd been drinkin since 5 pm (and for some reason that didn't bode well for my memories of Levon last night)

really enjoyed Joel Plaskett... rockin performer, great songs, whole band was right on... Cuff the Duke were a lot milder than all that but were pretty enjoyable as well, particularly liked their newer stuff (the stuff they were announcing was new)

and nice to fulfil my every 3 - 4 month quota of getting just sideways at the Casbah (thanks a lot for the post show hospitality Rev, nice digs, enjoyed myself)

Myself,Cuff the duke didnt do much for me

i've heard that from a few people, and honestly i felt the same way the first time i saw them.

then i started listening to their Life Stories for Minimum Wage cd...over and over and over again ::

Saturday nights performance by them was OUTSTANDING

they stole the show in my opinion and are probably my Favourite band out there right now!

I so wish i could have been in Hamilton tonight

Yeah,I have listened to that disc a few times,I grabbed it at the last Casbah show in hopes to be converted,sadly,that is what made my mind up about not going last night.Their live show is alot better in my opinion.They have a few songs I really enjoyed,without question and are a talented band.

Don't get me wrong,they did not "suck" thats for sure,at times they had me hooked then as quickly as they hooked me,the lead singer would go into some inane rambling of swearing for the sake of swearing,asking if we were offended by it etc,seemed really college rockish to me.Each time he swore the crowd freaked out like they had never heard a guy say fu©k before, simply for the sake of sayin'it.And all the Kingston trash talk did nothing for me,I came to hear music not listen to some guy trash a town he played in the night before...

awww,well,maybe they are not for me I guess,I do like some of the disc but its not one that will be in standard rotation.

Downside was that due to this I decided to pass missing Plaskett,so it looks as if I will have to make that one up and catch a show somtime.

Glad folks a had time.

Their live show is alot better in my opinion.

very true

i found them to be very theatrical in their performance the first time i saw them and was REALLY turned off by it. Maybe the Lee's Palace show was above average in quality, I don't know!

i wouldn't be too impressed with the swearing bit either.

Brodie - no, I don't think we've ever met. Not to my knowledge, anyway. I should have asked Sunny to point you out for me.

(sh!t... is that how you spell Sunny's name? I've only known her for, like, ten years... I should probably know by now...)

Nah, it's SUNNIE. But she's the most laid back bartender around, so she wouldnt hold it again ya. :)

Nah, it's SUNNIE. But she's the most laid back bartender around, so she wouldnt hold it again ya. :)

Ahh, thanks. Frankly, Sunnie is probably one of my favourite people on the planet. Some people are just gold, y'know?