Jambands.ca

What was your first ever tape?

CyberHippie

Nice thread!

My first tape was The Rolling Stones... I don't know the album title. Painted Black was on it. (maybe thats the title?) The song Painted Black used to freak me out as a kid.

The next tape was Bon Jovi "Slippery When Wet"

And my first cd was: Helix "Over 60 Minutes With..."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first one i recall listening to a lot was Springsteen's Born In The USA.. it was my folks, and i loved it!

the first one i bought on my own was Appetite for Destruction, probably around age 9 or 10, and i loved that, too!

and somewhere in the middle was the first tape that was given to me, and i believe it quite possibly could have been a cassette single of Rod Stewart's Downtown Train. at the time i probably loved it, i mean, you know, i was probably 7 or so, and likely an idiot. every time i hear tom do it the way it was intended, my disliking for rod grows tenfold.

Brian Doerner wasn't the drummer -- it was Greg "Fritz" Heinz! Fritz now lives down in FLA and I think he's got a weekend band. I know there was a Brent Doerner (rhythm guitar?) and possibly brother Brian. Or maybe Brian Doerner is the post-Fritz era drummer. Either way, Helix are kings amongst men!

Brian Doerner, Helix's drummer, is a good family friend... they still sucked though... ::

Haaaaaaaaaaa!!! Too funny. I think Helix played in Orillia not too long ago though. See? Aside from Metallica cover bands and "Shania Twin" (as the rip-off calls herself) we do get some really good bands. ::

I must confess though, I passed on the Helix show. Hands down, Orillia is the all-time worst place to see live music. :( Oh, so sad.

First ones I bought myself were Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and the audio from Star Wars, I bought them the same day at Zellers.

Those were 8-track though, does that count?

That is totally fu©king classic...

I think the first tape i bought was Thomas Dolby - the one with "she blinded me with science"