Jambands.ca

Weird Audio Problem

Freeker

Well since last night everytime I play a audio file (mp3, wav, etc..) on my computer it switch the balence all the way to the right whenever the song changes or if I alter the volume, it really quite irritating.

Last night i went to turn down the speaker and when i touched the volume swith it made a big static electric charge which caused a surge that I felt throughout my whole body. Do you think I've caused permenant damage to my sound card or can this be fixed?

You may have excess static electricity from low humidity during winter. What you want to do is get a small bucket of water and stand in it, using wookie stench and latent heat to generate a fine smelly mist to humidify the space.

While standing in water try adjusting the volume and you should be fine.

Well I don't know what i was expecting asking a serious question to a gagglefuck of assclowns, I shoulda known better.

It appears that the surge has completely blown my right speaker and subwoofer, leaving me without music and extremely pissed off. Thanks Douglas for your advice, nice to know someone around here can still be helpful.