Jambands.ca

Anyone up for BNB flyering at the Rheos?

ersh

It'd be right the cool to have a packed house on Saturday at Maverick's. Send me a PM....

I can send ya link to a page of flyers and make sure you're on the "SUPER V.I.P." list for the evening. We're gonna try to get soundcheck wrapped up in time to make it to the show with some flyers ourselves too!

Gettin' excited.....

Jeff

If I end up seeing flyers all over the canal I'm gonna be a bit pissed... Don't know how others feel about this, but that's how I feel.... I think attaching flyers to posts etc is fine, but there's not much to prevent a person from just chucking it. Where I skate everyday.

I prefer GM's coaxin' eye method. It worked on me and I had trouble walking, that bastard.

AD

Perhaps as they are handed to people, a phrase could be used like ---> "Please don't throw this on the ground. Either put it in the trash or pass it on to someone else...please"

There's always goign to be paper with promo, so it's best to at least be kind about it. People hand out flyer crap all the time, so it's probably best to communicate a responsible disposal method.

Not handing out flyers would mean that there would be a lot of people not having the knowledge that a fantastic band is playing that night.

I've thought about this before as well.... I've always been on the wall in terms of heavy flyering or postering.

Hopefully what would stop someone from just throwing it away would be the same thing that stops them from thowing a piece of paper from their own pocket or any piece of trash on the ground. If they're gonna litter - they're gonna litter.

If I was handed a flyer I didn't want I'd either not take it or at least hold on to it until I can dispose of it properly. I imagine whoever's putting on an outdoor concert in a nice place would have a cleanup crew to make sure they leave it as they found it - cause there'll certainly be people leaving trash behind after the Rheos.

I definately encourage anyone who'd rather tell random folk about the show to do so! Adds that personal touch....

Jeff

oh yeah. I tottally agree with you. I don't litter but I stopped along time ago thinking the masses will change...over much larger issues than littering. The masses are asses. Littering bugs me sure but as said before if someones gonna litter they will, whether it be there poutine cup or flyer or whatever.

I suppose if it bugs ya enough and you have the energy you could try to call for stricter enforcement of littering by-laws.

Hey you could citizens arrest litterers...haha...just kidding ::

I think Smokey the bear should be brought back...I could never litter as a kid because I didn't want to hurt ol' smokeys feelings. :)Good ol' Smokey :)-BTW...Smokey was an ad campagn in the seventies.Smokey and his forest buddies were all about fire prevention,not littering and generally thinking beyond ones own ass...yes I am an oldy.

Oh yeah man!!! Bring it on!! Seein the Rheostatics before our set's just gonna fuel me an' my boys up, see?!! I always enjoy havin a fantastic band play before because of the energy it lends to the next band... like a friendly challenge to see if you can maintain the same level and then hopefully take it up a notch too. I spent the last month playing 20-30 minute sets and I'm ready to giv'r!

Jeff