Jambands.ca

SW opening text crawls

bouche

Guest Low Roller

*gasp*

what we have here is a rare opportunity to get someone of mature age to view the movies in the order in which Lucas intended to tell his story... I suggest you start with Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. It's the lamest of all the movies, but it sets up all the important characters for the next five movies.

Whether you'll get into it if you aren't into the fantasy genre, well that I don't really know. Give it a shot.

You just reminded me of my dad when I asked him for his opinion on the first Lord of the Rings movie. His response floored me: "There is too much fantasy". LOL

Guest Low Roller

Yes, yes. We've already established that Episodes 1 and 2 are subpar.

The point is that ST can watch the full story from the beginning unlike the rest of the wookies on this board that saw 4, 5, and 6 first. Firstly it's a unique point of view, secondly, maybe 1 and 2 aren't that bad if you can't compare them to 4, 5, and 6. As a lifelong Star Wars fan I'm looking for any glimmer of hope that George Lucas didn't lose his fu©king mind and that he knew what he was doing all along.

I also have reservations about the newer episodes, but i might just be swayed by having seen 4,5 and 6 first. Start at the begining, then you will know that the next movie will be slightly better than the last instead of the other way around.

PS Episode 5 is the best anyway.