Jambands.ca

Days of You

CyberHippie

They were definately called the other one. My first real "dead" experience was at an outdoor show in Uxbridge in '87 where they were the headliner. the scene and a few other things completley blew my mind. Kingswood shows followed shortly thereafter and nothing was really the same after that.

Days of you were my Fatcats of the early 90's. Lots of fantastic shows and energy. I remember the king fish show mainly for meeting Timothy Leary who sat at the next table to us for the whole night. He had a "harem" of very young women who seemed to be looking after him. About half way through the show everyone in the bar figured out who he was and he spent the rest of the night shaking hands...........

One of my earlier experiences with them was running into them at a random truck stop on the way to Richfield for Vince's first show...

Border Guard " Where are you guys heading?"

Chris " Cleveland"

Border Guard " You guys going to see the Dead?"

Chris "yes"

Border Guard " Cool Ill see you there, Im off work soon, have a safe trip "

Good times!

Steven Himel is a cousin of mine. I don't remember if he was in the oroginal lineup, but he wrote a few songs on an album whose name I forget, but had the song Traveller's Blues. He now works in a suit and tie in New York, has a wife and two kids and probably won'e be getting involved with any reunion. But you never know.

They were definately called the other one. My first real "dead" experience was at an outdoor show in Uxbridge in '87 where they were the headliner. the scene and a few other things completley blew my mind. Kingswood shows followed shortly thereafter and nothing was really the same after that.

Days of you were my Fatcats of the early 90's. Lots of fantastic shows and energy. I remember the king fish show mainly for meeting Timothy Leary who sat at the next table to us for the whole night. He had a "harem" of very young women who seemed to be looking after him. About half way through the show everyone in the bar figured out who he was and he spent the rest of the night shaking hands...........

Yes indeed most of them made up the other ones in the late 80's.. used to hang at u of t at one spot..can't remember the name but we'd spin tapes and jam (88,89?) I remember doing an Opera House show with them and the vibe was very very tense with Lowcock around

whoa..flashbacks coming around to when we set up the post skydome Dead shows and then losing Jerry....perhaps another thread....

I remember the king fish show mainly for meeting Timothy Leary who sat at the next table to us for the whole night. He had a "harem" of very young women who seemed to be looking after him. About half way through the show everyone in the bar figured out who he was and he spent the rest of the night shaking hands...........

I completely forgot about that Rob.

I remember we got pulled over going to the show by the OPP,apparently my buddy Doug's tattoos (he has twice as many as me) & mine sparked this rollers interest,he pulled us over on an off ramp bridge securing we had limited routes to run because he though we were bikers,once he approached the car (extremely careful like) he saw the three tye dyes in the car and the GD sticker on the wind sheild,started laugfhing and said "oh sh!t...you guys are deadheads..I thought you were bikers"...."ok then,do you have any drugs?",we said no (we had doses in our pockets to,along with some herbal remedies),again he just laughed and then proceeded to inquire if we had done any shows that year,turned out he was also into them,but only doing the Rich stadium shows and Ontario shows.We were given better directions to the club and sentr on our way.