Jambands.ca

Reminiscing ... May 2002 Come Together Fest

mark tonin

I feel the excitement building inside of me ... the Come Together Music Fest is rapidly approaching and I decided to read through some of the posts about last year's May festival to help build my excitement even more.

At the bottom of this post I've put a link to a discussion thread about last year's May festival. When I read the posts about last year's festival, one thing is very clear to me (other than it was really cold that weekend) ... people had a blast!!!

I can't wait to do it all again!

Here is the link to one (of many) threads about last year's Come Together Music Fests:

CTMF May 2002 discussion thread

I'll see you all at Frontier Town!!!

Peace, Mark

ahhh....what sweet memories!! Could the weather be any worse last year? But we didn't mind!! wooohoooo!! hope to see everyone out again....it's amazing how many of us didn't know each other that well a year ago.....

how about some pics of last year.....

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

oh yeah pieg,, im bringing lots of sweaters and hoodies adn blankets man.

i didnt go last yr cuz i knew it would be cold, and they got snowed on [Frown]

i cant say no this year though

man some ppl in those pics look real familiar, itll be nice to finally put faces on names from here [smile]

brrrrrr.....jees it looks chilly....but tempted still.

I think Sloth and I are thinking about trying to get there for Saterday allthough I'm not sure 'how' yet so I figure I should get the lines of communication rollin'.Perhaps Sloth has allready undertaken this....hmmm...

Lookin' forward to meeting up w/ some new and old freakin weirdos for sure [Wink]

I'm wonderin if you pay per night or upon arrival or do tix need to be got prior or what.. [smile]

Yes it was really cold last year, but at the May 2001 Fest everyone was in shorts and t-shirts and sun dresses. Let's hope we get a blast of warm, sunny weather again this year.

As for tickets, you can purchase them at the gate. A weekend pass (3 nights) is $40 in advance or $50 at the gate. A single day pass is $20 - it is only available at the gate, and includes 1 night of camping.

And yes Dr. Hux, I agree - a lot of friendships have blossomed since last May. I have developed some wonderful friendships with the people I've met at the Come Together Music Fests. This festival is such a great time, and a large part of the reason is that it brings most of the people that I see when I go to shows together in one place. It is so cool to be camped out with this community of music lovers.

Peace, Mark

ahhh...the memories.

I can't wait to try out our new airmattress

Last year, my matress kept deflating, so BEFORE I was too wasted, and it was dark, I would freeze my nibblers off taking it out of the tent, and to my car to reinflate so that I wouldn't walk into the tent at 4:30 am and have to pump up the mattress.

I had to do that every night.

Not this year! woohoo!

I guess I'm too excited about that. Can you imagine how excited I must be about the bigger things...like nero, slip, freeker, and the rest?

Archived