Jambands.ca

U2.COM An open letter from Larry Mullen

TimmyB

Due to the difficulties of the past two weeks, U2 will be offereing membership refunds to those who want it.

Also U2 are working to correct the problems that occured.

Personally I'll be holding on to my membership, in the hopes of getting Presale tickets for the inevitable Toronto show(s).

from www.U2.com

An open letter from Larry Mullen

This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have to do something to redress this situation.

There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but some of it wasn't.

I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue.

After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn't get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee.

The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2 tickets through our own web site is appalling to me. I want to apologise to you who have suffered that.

If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment to our audience.

Slainte

Larry.

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse

U2 of unseemly behaviour, I've only got two words for you...

Click here for information on a refund.

Larry Mullen Jr. is the drummer in U2.

Here's another post on U2.COM about scalpers.

from www.U2.com

Scalpers Be Warned

Our thanks to many U2.Com subscribers who have sent us details of scalpers selling 'Vertigo' tour tickets - we are pursuing the leads you have mailed us.

Last week many U2 fans got in touch with us to complain about ticket touts offering tickets for the 'Vertigo 2005 Tour' at extortionate prices.

You have sent us in many useful online links and other information and a whole raft of ticket offers have already been taken down from online auction sites.

More action will follow.

Some of these touts have posed as genuine U2 fans, taken out a subscription and bought tickets in the presale only to readvertise them for huge sums.

Please be aware that anyone advertising tickets online does not have them in their possession yet - technology is helping us connect scalpers' offers with the original purchase of tickets.

When we identify rogue U2.Com subscribers as the source of sold-on tickets we are taking action to cancel the sale of those tickets and to redistribute those tickets to subscribers who have yet to get tickets.

Please also note the following clause in our terms of subscription to U2.Com.

"We reserve the right to block access to or cancel a ticket order of any user that we believe, in our sole and absolute discretion: (i) is or is associated with any ticket broker or scalper, (ii) is utilizing automated means to process or place ticket orders, or (iii) whose ticket order exceeds the stated limit."

If you have further information on scalpers and touts exploiting the tour,please let us know.

hey so now they are finally labelling Ticket brokers as scalpers?

Why did that take so long? I remember a couple of years ago, I was trying to get tix for something via Ticketmaster.

They were sold out, and then TM offered a link to an 'alternative' source for tickets, and it was a Ticket Broker with an insane markup. Ticketmaster was clearly promoting Scalping.