Jambands.ca

Strange Design

DevO

I remember years ago when Phish released an mp3 of an eerie studio version of Strange Design on their website.. I believe it was tucked away in one of the The Month in Phish History pages.. Just wondering if anyone has the skills to track this down for us perhaps?? I think it was in one of the '95 or '96 TMIPH pages. (I'd do it but I use a 56k modem!) I'd like to hear that version again.

I believe the version you're talking about is on the B side to the Free single from Billy Breathes...it is kinda weird, eh? It's got the delayed layered guitars, heavy vibrato...not sure where to find it but maybe that'll help..

It is on the 'Free' CD single.

A great song that Phish felt was too commercial so they didn't put it out on 'Billy Breathes.'

I always loved that song and loved getting it live. I remember at one Phish show in 2000 in Atlanta, GA this girl beside me was freaking out the whole day saying aloud I hope they play "Strange Design" and when they did she nearly died with joy. Good times.

BTW Trey just performed an intimate version of the song a couple of days ago again in Atlanta, GA.

I have a copy of the 'Free' CD single, I'll check if I can copy it and if I can anyone who wants the studio version of "Strange Design" can let me know and I'll make you a copy.

As for getting the single to you let me know what shows your going to in the GTA to Hamilton in the coming weeks and months and I'll bring it to the show that we both are planning on being at.

I want one. I'll be going to the Betts show in March - although I have dragged my feet getting tickets. In exchange, I'll dub you something you would like but may not know. It'll be a surprise.

I've been saving money for my Delta Blues excursion next week - amongst the many places I'll visit, I'm going to the Crossroads where Robert Johnson allegedly sold his soul to the devil ( in Clarksdale Mississippi ).

I want one. I'll be going to the Betts show in March - although I have dragged my feet getting tickets. In exchange, I'll dub you something you would like but may not know. It'll be a surprise.

I've been saving money for my Delta Blues excursion next week - amongst the many places I'll visit, I'm going to the Crossroads where Robert Johnson allegedly sold his soul to the devil ( in Clarksdale Mississippi ).

I should be at Dickey Betts (though I too do not have tickets yet) so I'll be sure to have a copy for you at that show (If we both go).

As for your trip, that sounds amazing! Where are you going exactly I'm very curious.

You should make the itineray of your trip a new thread so people will know about it!

I have to go to Betts, but this trip was unexpected since I never thought I'd get the time off with little notice for my boss ahead of time.

I will make my trip a thread, but for now:

I'll be landing in Nashville next Sunday and stay there for 3 days. Unfortunately, the Grand Ole Opry doesn't have any concerts scheduled from Sunday to Tuesday.

From Nashville, we'll ( my fiance is coming too ) travel to Clarksdale Mississippi to visit the Delta Blues Museum and other Delta sites like Robert Johnson's grave and Morgan Freeman's juke-joint.

Thursday may involve a side-trip to Oxford Mississippi - home of the largest blues recording library in the world.

Friday to Sunday we'll be in Memphis, probably living in every rock and blues dive on Beale Street.

That sounds amazing!

In 2000 when I saw Phish open their summer tour in Nashville, TN we went to the Grand Ole Oprey and went to the museum there (I miss Johnny Cash).

Then I've been back the Tennessee way each of the last three years (soon to be four) seeing the bonnaroo music festival. Though each of these years I've been under time constraints and/or I was just too tired after bonnaroo to do any further traveling.

I have never been to Memphis, though one day I have to get to that city. I hope you have a great time!

I'd love one Timmy! Unfortunately I'm in BC though and won't be making it to Hamilton any time soon. No biggie though. =)

Yup, the version I was talking about is on the Free single. It was also definitely offered up by Phish for free as an mp3 a few years back on phish.com.