Jambands.ca

QOTD - May 8th

CyberHippie

apple blossems w/ vanilla ice cream

oven cake

Dana's cheesecake (heavenly!)

-

sometimes I just break off a couple pieces of a chocolate bar from my stash in the fridge! I try to be sneaky, but Booche always finds chocolate somewhere on my face!

-

i like to eat, and pie is often somethng i love. that and cheesecake and certain dessert squares like HELLO DOLLYS...with me it all depends on the crust. since you can't put an brunette in the oven and expect her to turn out (well, that crust i like RAW)...and, well, to be honest that's not really a genuine dessert because you're not really eating the crust. some people trim the crust off sandwiches, but if i'm not in the mood for the crust i'll choose another dish...so for me, it's graham crackers(don't worry jodi - not grum crackers) for a crust...which almost limits me to cheesecake. if it's not that i tend to like pumpkin(yes, i grew up in the country), cherry, and strawberry rhubarb. sweet AND tart.

i also like trifle.

A few years ago, our group completed a major release of the system we were working on, and were treated to the (then) traditional lunch on the company, at the pub across the street from the office.

We finished out meals, and the waitress asked if anybody wanted dessert. Nobody did; my reason for not wanting dessert is that I have to avoid the decadent/sweet stuff for health reasons. I waited a few seconds, turned to my boss, and asked, "Could I have Scotch for dessert?" "I don't see why not," he replied.

I ordered, IIRC, either a Talisker or MacAllan, and savoured every peaty delicious drop.

Aloha,

Brad

For both the taste, and sentimental reasons, it'd have to be my Mom's Christmas cake.

Note, however, that this is not your usual Christmas cake...

First, you take chocolate chips (e.g., Chipits), melt them, and combine them with whipped cream (to make a sort of mousse). Then, you take an angel food cake, rip it up into bite-sized chunks, and combine that with the chocolate/cream mixture. Set that into a 9x13 pan, cover with plastic wrap (with toothpicks stuck into the cake to keep the wrap from direct contact with the cake), and refrigerate overnight.

My Mom got the recipe decades ago from friends (or relatives; I can't remember which) in the states, and we had it every Christmas, and only at Christmas.

Aloha,

Brad

BAKLAVA....l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the little store up from Graham's place,

It's so good that I can't stop eating it....we buy tonnes of it everytime I am there and proceed to make pigs of ourselves.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............baklava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived