Jambands.ca

Won't do what??

MamaPink

hahahah, ahh miss pink you're hilarious.

i remember when that song was sooo goddamn popular, i think i was in grade eight. remember the "beauty and the beast" video? man that dude makes a perfect beast, he is one scary fu©ker.

by the way, non sequitur here, but cowboy junkies happen to be on the radio and i gotta say i think they're great. what do you think of them?

ick!! Sometimes that horrible video likes to creep into my thoughts meggo and I try hard not to smash my head in with a large shovel. Most times I succeed without damage.

As for the junkies? I've never really had an opinion, to be honest. I don't think I'd ever buy one of their cd's, but I don't find myself facing any shovel incidents when they come on either.

by the way, non sequitur here, but cowboy junkies happen to be on the radio and i gotta say i think they're great. what do you think of them?

I agree meggo they are a great band,seen them a few times in the late eighties/early ninties during the "trinty sessions" and "The Caution Horses" tour.Great song writing and awesome folks.I love the mellowness they have,makes for great listening and relaxing with a bowl and a close friend...

...and *still* excellent, too! I saw them backin the Caution Horses era as well, and more recently a few months ago at the Casbah. A fabulous, intimate performance. Michael Timmins is a fairly underrated guitarist, too.

ohhh GRRRRR!!!!!!!! i hate that song, and i don't hate very much. that song makes me want to smash things. and... now i have it in my head. mixed up with the chorus of right said fred's 'i'm too sexy'. how very pleasant. remind me to smack you on the ass next time i see you, k, pink? :: heehee

gad, what is up with that?! he should really stick to the man boobs.

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the junkies version of sweet jane. enough to interest me in the rest of their catalogue (which i am not familiar with).

As an occassional listener of The Cowboy Junkies, I would recommend them to anyone who likes atmospheric, blues/country based folk music. Michael Timmins may be the best thing about the band. He is an innovative guitarist and song arranger. The Trinity Sessions is the place to start. Check out their bio and reviews on All Music Guide:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...77d5vwnva92k~T2

I have a theory (well, I have several theories, but only one of them happens to be apropos for this discussion):

The world can be equally divided into 2 groups:

a) Those who are eternally perplexed and utterly irritated by "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" and spend inordinately large amounts of time pondering the hidden meaning;

and

B) Those that just accept it for what it is and don't give it another thought until they are forced to ponder the Meat Loaf due to an encounter with someone from group a) [aka the "Don't Give a sh!t About the Loaf" group]

I'm a member of the latter group, but I've come across my fair share of the former group and they're incredibly passionate about the cause!

Meat is a decent actor

For sure. I liked him in Rocky Horror Picture Show. I must admit that I even liked the song he sang in that movie (forgot about it when I made my earlier post) and if he wrote that song, which I don't know if he did or not, then I can say he's written at least one good song. (I guess "Bat Out of Hell" has it's moments, too.)