Top 50 earners in music for 2004 from rs: Contest

TimmyB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sting and clapton

but i think this contest is unfair as too many factors come into play depending on where and how much you paid for tickets to decide whether or not you got your "value"

a good example on your list is van halen if you saw them in the spring in TO cheap seats were $95 or in the fall you could see them for $25 in the hammer. toronto show may not have had the same value as the hammer.

sting and clapton

but i think this contest is unfair as too many factors come into play depending on where and how much you paid for tickets to decide whether or not you got your "value"

a good example on your list is van halen if you saw them in the spring in TO cheap seats were $95 or in the fall you could see them for $25 in the hammer. toronto show may not have had the same value as the hammer.

Nope. Thanks for playing.

It's just my opinion is all, and the first to guess the two out of the nine wins a prize (yet to be determined).

It's free to play so I don't see why it's so unfair?

Celine Dion and Bette Midler

Final answer.

'er

No and No. I don't know if you understand the question Booche or you're just being funny?

The choice is two out of the nine artists I saw on the Top 50 list (As shown on my opening post in this thread).

Booche, as you didn't actually pick two of the nine you can go back and pick again.

Dave Matthews and Sting?

No and no.

Funnily enough I actually saw Dave Matthews last year, but since I saw Dave Matthews and Friends, not the Dave Matthews Band, I didn't add him to the list (which would have been ten.

Velvet, you can go back and change the Dave Matthews pick for a pick from my nine, to go along with Sting.

Van Halen and Prince?

(although me thinks Dave-O has got it.......)

We have a winner and it's MarcO!

I picked the prize today while I was shopping today in Toronto before I went to see Ian Tyson at Hugh's Room. I was in the HMV Superstore on Yonge Street and I came across "Raging Bull: Special Edition 2-Disc DVD Collectors Set" for $22.99. But then I see "Scorsese: The Martin Scorsese Film Collection" featuring the above Raging Bull: Special Edition" as well as "Boxcar Bertha" "New York, New York: Special Edition" and "The Last Waltz: Special Edition" all for only $34.99!

Though I already have "The Last Waltz" at home I figured I would give one of the copies away as the prize for the Sanctuary member who picked the correct two out of nine Top 50 money makers that I witnessed and that I felt I didn't get my values worth at the shows.

MarcO was right as the shows that I left feeling disappointed was Van Halen and Prince.

The problem MarcO is that I believe that you already own a copy of "The Last Waltz." Am I correct in that assumption?

If so I will instead give you a copy of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart A Film About Wilco By Sam Jones." You can thank my ex-girlfriend, Julia, for finally sending me my copy of the Wilco film after I had already bought myself a replacement copy.

So there you go, congratulations MarcO!

I will answer why I felt disappointed with those two shows on the weekend, if anyone is interested?