Jambands.ca

26 yrs ago 2nite the Dead achieved perfection

Hux

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Tooly:

best donna show IMHO is red rocks 7-8-78 i think

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to re-listen to Deal and get back to me?

ok, one bad tune out of a whole show with donna is good IMHO

Tooley, I love that show.

One time, I was getting a ride to Kingston with DoubleB, who hasnt gotten into the Dead yet. I brought that tape, thinking it was the one. Well, BB had the latest Warts And All, so he won the Listen Contest.

In the end, I think 05-08-77 is much stronger.

Best Fire On The Mountain I have ever heard, and the best Morning Dew as well.

I have always thought that the Jerry "fanning" that goes on during those two songs (and a few other moments) is what sets this show apart, and gives it the grade it gets.

And deserves.....................

One time I told my wife she looked "Phat" (excpet I didn't spell it as I said it) on her birthday, and she took the cake I brought and shoved it into my face, WITH THE CANDLES LIT!

!

It took off most of my left eyebrow, but I learned my lesson.

9.3.77 Eyes, I'm just stuck on it these days. I could listen to that intro for an eternity. Cornell is great. Dr. Hux is bang on on Jerry's voice in this period.

Does anyone have any ice cream?

Larry....you're a gas....check out Larry's tagline....!!!

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing it's self subjectively, that there is no death and life is merely a dream.

Here's Tom with the weather..."

- Bill Hicks

Legal Notice: This quote in no way represents the views of Larry David jr., who himself has never ingested LSD, nor pedalled it to hallucinogen-starved 7th graders.

7/08/78 for sure! Tough call of course, there are SO many fantastic Dead shows, but if I had to pick one, that'd be it. Not immaculate in terms of having no flubs whatsoever, but surreal high energy, one of those shows where you can feel "it" when you're listening to it. Also one of the hottest dead shows in terms of sound quality as well. Not too many shows with triple encores either!

Archived