Jambands.ca

Ottawa Outdoor Jam Party THIS Saturday!!!

Hux

Is there a beer or liquor store near the house? I'm going to want some refreshing beverages, and if there isn't one close by, I'll have to make sure to pick something up on the way in or before. (Alternately, if some kind individual could pick me up a six-pack of something like Sleeman Cream or Molson Dry [cans preferred, but bottles are OK, too], let me know, and I'll pay you cash+karma at the party.)

Serious karma will also be transferred to anyone who could give me a ride (from the Lincoln Fields Mall [Carling Ave. between Pinecrest & Woodroffe]); e-mail me (bradmcmail@yahoo.ca) if you can help.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Is there a beer or liquor store near the house?

There are beer and liquor stores just at, what is essentially, Hawthorne and Elgin... right as the #5 passes under the Queensway. You could probably get off there and walk to Main St., depending upon how much gear you're hauling, of course.

Ollie, the human Mapquest of liquor stores

Hey gang, Dr. Hux has it exactly right, it was a most ingenious plan thought up last night as a way to still have some sort of music gathering in prep for the next few weeks of festivals. So here are some of the details:

Anyone who likes to listen, play, or just hang out is welcome. We live in large house on 40 Main St. with a real big outdoor padio, enough room for any number of people to jam. There is also a big yard off the padio, for dancin, frisbee, ball, etc. whatever you want really.

What we have: Drums, Bass, Bass amp's, a few guitar amps, congas, djembes, an older keyboard but it's fine. Anyone who wants to play can bring what they want and can set up on the patio. Dr. Hux will be bringing his PA, we've got 3 mics and stands as well.

We also have a bbq, so we'll be firing that up as well, I'll pick up some dogs and condements, anyone who wants to throw something on can bring it over. Also bring some drinks, we got a cooler and fridge we can clear up for beverages.

Directions: basically go down to the end of elgin to hawthorne, go left over the bridge till you hit main street, take a left and look or listen for us, house 40.

Thats it in a nutshell, although it looks like sunny/cloudy tommorow, in case of any bad weather (<<>>), or in case of any noise complaints, which I don't think we'll get, we can move indoors, although it's a lot smaller in size, but we'll figure something out. I think everyone will be enjoying the good music rather than complaining about it.

So thats the start of it...

Not that I can give a full account, since I went to the Sens game, but suffice to say, the cops showed up twice.

The second one killed the party (about 20 mins ago).

Good Cop looked at the bong (that I thought I had hidden [Eek!] ) and proceeded to say

"Interesting lamp"

or something like that.

There is a funny story about Hux locking his keys in the car, and I only showed my junk twice, but The Sloth saw it both times [Wink]

The Sens game was WICKED (and I am a Habs fan). Psychotic energy, great goaltending, and a designated driver allowing us to drink 5.75 beers.

Wow, what a terrific day/night we had. The sun was shining, the music kept coming and so did the people.

Despite the fact that the cops did show up, I would say the neighbors were pretty cool. I mean we started playing music at 1:00 in the afternoon and it didn't get moved inside until after 10:00. They let it go a good 9 hours. Some of them even joined the party and others could be seen sitting on lawn chairs in their back yards, tapping their feet and singing along.

Thanks to the Jiva Ju guys for giving us a place to hang out together on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Can't wait to do that again and I can't wait for next weekend!!! I'm good and warmed up now. [big Grin]

Sounds like a blast. "Nice Lamp". I LOVE IT!

Anyways, me and Sans decided to take our women out for dinner, kind kind steaks for all...

After it was boys time out for the rest of the evening, fishing 'till after the sunset (which was beeeeautiful). [smile]

Jay managed to catch.......nothing, [Razz] though he had a few on, one almost right to shore. I think he has the worst luck of anyone i've ever taken fishing.

I managed to catch a few, one being a big, mean 'ole catfish, lipped him like a bass. [big Grin]

Definately drank more than we caught. [Wink]

Glad it was a good evening had by all...

Another big thank you to the Jiva Ju dudes for the party. My pipe got a solid workout, as did my lungs. I'm sorry I missed the evening festivities, but the day was sweet. Your neighbours rock.

How did you finally get the keys out of the car Huxy? That's the kind of thing you'd expect to happen to Larry David on his way to a meeting with those HBO big wigs.

i had a blast. everyone(as always) was great. I think i was the rudest and most our of hand of everyone, and look at me. i was a friendly guy that loved chocolate...maybe dr hux was a BIT rowdier, but that's all due to his malicious cigarette attacks.

thanks for the fun, and the chance to jam with you guys. If i'm back and there's gonna be a jam, i'd trade a CD for a CD of potential tunes to play...it'd be fun to have a better idea of how to make YOUR jammin more fun for you. I'm sure i butchered at least one 10 minute jam.

good thing i can't remember which one or else you'd all say 'yeah...you suck, man' - but in a polite sort of 'you're fine rob' sort of way.

[smile]

anyhow, too bad we had to shut it down at 1...i didn't get to bed till 6:30, got up at 12:30 and it's mother's day!

happy mother's day to all mothers or those celebrating with and for moms everywhere.