Jambands.ca

Ottawa Outdoor Jam Party THIS Saturday!!!

Hux

Hey everyone, thanks a million for coming out and sharing in the music and festivities here at 40 main, great time had by all, even most of the neighbours. It was fun meeting, dancin, and jammin with all of you, and lets try and keep these gatherings going through out the summer. Anyone manage to take any pics of the party?? [big Grin]

Thanks for a fine day of fun, folks. Thanks also for making my beloved wife feel welcome when she was there. Lots of great music that day. And I finally made it back onto a stage! (Any stage!) Maybe not quite my greatest performance hour, but it was fun to be singing again, if only for a little bit. Again, lots of thanks to the Jiva Ju guys, and very sorry for the raspberry jam incident.

Cheers,

Rob Not Bob

Guest Low Roller

Thanks Jiva Ju dudes! Good times. I hope the cops aren't gonna cause any problems. I made sure to simulate sex with one of the empty cruisers as I was leaving.

Let's see...Larry and I got there about 1:00 or 1:30, and Dr. H gave me a lift to Rideau about...1:00 or 1:30...gad, 12 straight hours of partying. All respect to CTMF, but this was the start of the summer for me.

Special thanks to those who offered and gave rides (Davey Boy, Canned Beats, Larry, Dr. H) and offered to pick up supplies (Sally).

Extra-Special-I-Can't-Thank-You-Guys-Enough-Thanks to the residents of 40 Main St. for putting this bash on, and letting us play. I had a ball.

Aloha,

Brad

I got there early, and left early. But I had a ball. It was really nice to be out in the sun playing some tunes with y'all.

BTW, I have known Dr. Hux for just under a year, and this is the third time that I have either seen him, or heard about him looking his keys in his car!!! Way to go Dr. H.

Other random memories & highlights:

• doing a serious couch-flake ca. 2pm, with Dr. H and Pootie Tang (IIRC) doing a seriously chilly "Corinna"
  • best "Fire On The Mountain" ever made within 15' of me (well, maybe a tie with Stapes' karaoke version)
  • playing alongside (above, actually, given where the kbd was situated) Phred
  • seeing Velvet ripping it up on electric (I'd only ever seen him play acoustic)
  • learning "Down By The River" as we played it

Aloha,

Brad

HAhaha, LR, that made me laugh. There was this dude there that sang a few Rolling Stones tunes. Very energetic vocalist and he even had all the Jagger moves (struts and all folks!) down. I think I took some pics of him with Bouche's camera.

Add to the setlist:

Superstitious

I know you Rider

The Weight

Folsom Prison Blues

Hmmm. I know I sang more than that. Brain fuzzy, sorry.

Unbelieveable amout of music and space jams to remember; others included:

early acoustic watchtower warm up (should of did electric later)

new new minglewood blues

evil ways - santana

wind cries mary

come together - beatles

something happenin here - buffalo springfield

la woman

strange exotic first tube

possum

day tripper

can't always get what you want (rock to reggae version) - all stones tunes sung by Kevin Carey with moves a la Mick Jagger

third stone from the sun

Southbound

UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK

Superstition [big Grin]

space jam vol 1 to vol 40

Folks, all in all a great gathering, no trouble besides the inevitable sound bi-law shoudown (and a little old rasberry jam spillage!!, which needed to go anyway!).

If anyone forgot some bbq dogs, and 2 tubs of tasty ziggies potato salad, well...I ate it sunday morning, I'll replace it for the next get together! and mark my word, there'll be more parties in the works!

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

I was so into one of those space jams that I looked up and saw the cop LEAVING the yard the first time.....hehe.....don't know how long he was there while we kept playing....

ISTR the same kind of thing happening at Booche's stag...Low Roller and I had been playing for I don't know how long when I looked up and saw what was going on out in the yard. "Roller," I said. "There's a naked lady out there." It was the entertainment provided to Booche by his friends, and she been there for, well, I don't know how long, but she was already on the trampoline...

Aloha,

Brad