Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
secondtube

Toronto Folk Need Your Help

ps, i'll be heading around 6-7 from Mississauga to Hummingbird...

the show starts at 8 (or so the ticket says) and there is no opening band...dont want to leave before six, but not too much later than 7, as i dont want to be late!

Thanks,

Steve

Airport Road south to 427, 427 straight down to the Gardiner, Gardiner to Yonge and park around Yonge and Front would be by far the easiest IMHO. I take it you're going at around afternoon rush hour, correct? Traffic would be a bit thick, but you're mostly going against it that time of day.

- M.

Not a problem. Personally I'd leave about 1.5 hours minimum, particularly if you need to hunt for parking - 2 hours if you can spare it. FYI there's a big city parking garage just south-east of Hummingbird off the Esplinade. It's not the cheapest place to park, but it's big and easy to find.

- J.

I thought I heard something about the gardiner being closed around spadina on the radio this morning... could be open again by tonight, but i would reccomend avoiding the gardiner if possible... i know alexis works near the airport, and she takes the 427 to something to the allen, and from there you could go across eglinton then down spadina then across king or front... when alexis gets up i'll ask her what that missing something in there is

and she takes the 427 to something to the allen, and from there you could go across eglinton then down spadina then across king or front

Hmmm, "something" sounds like the 401 if she's going to the Allen from there. That route is a little more twisty, but would work too thou, for sure.

- M.

oh, and don't take bloor at that time of day (is there even a bloor exit?) it's basically one lane, and full of ballsy cab drivers that'll cut you off, lots of traffic... maybe take dupont (to davenport) or harbord to yonge st?

If the Gardiner is closed, you could always get off and take Dundas or the Queensway East into the city. A little slower but a direct route into the downtown core. You could then go south on University and take a left onto Front St. Then to the Hummingbird. If the Gardiner isn't closed, take the above advice and take it. Going to see a show there?

Josh