Jambands.ca

what band have u seen the most live?

Guest Low Roller

I wouldn't even know how to tabulate how many Nero shows I've seen, but I think it's roughly 10-15 times.

Other notable reoccurences:

- Radiohead 5 times (not nearly enough)

- moe. 6 times

- Tea Party about 7 times

- Grand Theft Bus around 8 times

Also of note, I have only been to one show since November... kinda sad, but I just don't have the energy or the time anymore. It will take someone mighty incredible to get me to go out nowadays.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
You obviously dont remember back when you used to smoke yourself stupid.

How is it possible that I haven't kicked your ass yet? Fine I'll increase my estimate to a liberal 20.

You obviously dont remember back when you used to smoke yourself stupid.

How is it possible that I haven't kicked your ass yet? Fine I'll increase my estimate to a liberal 20.

Maybe you actually have kicked his ass, but can't remember because it happened back when you used to smoke yourself stupid?

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
Maybe you actually have kicked his ass, but can't remember because it happened back when you used to smoke yourself stupid?

You want some of this Brad? I'll cut you!

Kicking Booche's ass is something I want to remember, so even if it did happened, and I was too 'stupid' to remember, then I might have to do it again just to be on the safe side.

Back to the topic:

I think I've seen Econoline Crush about 5 times, and the Headstones a bunch of times as well.

Back to the topic:

I think I've seen Econoline Crush about 5 times, and the Headstones a bunch of times as well.

I used to LOVE seeing the Headstones. Used to catch them in Kingston all the time. Still have one of Hugh Dillon's harmonica's he threw into the crowd at AJ's. Luckily, I never caught one of his loogies he'd spit at his band members or audience

I've seen no band more than 15 times. I don't " tour " but I catch bands that I like when it's convenient. I had a chance to see Gov't Mule in Memphis last Friday, but I've already seen them 7 times and I thought that I'd rather explore Memphis' great Beale Street instead. It's not as if the Mule don't tour often.

Of the bands I've seen the most often, nero comes first. I've seen The Fat Cats and Kingston's Wild Blues Yonder ( R.I.P. ) many, many times.

Kingston's Wild Blues Yonder ( R.I.P. ) many, many times.

What a great band that was,made going to AJ's worthwhile.

It's sad that two members are now deceased: horn player Austin Lowe ( KCVI teacher ) and bassist Joe Chithalen ( also of Bloom and The Mahones, and many others ).

I've seen Ekoostik Hookah WELL over 150 times... Like Mr. Mudcock, I have lost exact count, but when I go back and count ticket stubs, they stand at well over 120, and I KNOW that some of those (a good many are lost/missing). In any case, I really like that band, though, this is the longest I've gone without seeing them since my first time in May '98 (4 months and counting :( )...

By the way, BLAIR, thanks for the Slippers... They are as magical and skill-filled as I remember them (Although I think they changed color when they crossed the border, leaving their natural environment...)

Fun times, Indeed...

Steve From C

Interestingly, I saw Barenaked Ladies probably 20+ times before they were signed. Jim & Andy went to my high school so I’d see them a bunch through that connection, also they used to play regularly with my buddy's brother's band - I actually ran the lights for an encore they played at the Rivoli one night. And they were ubiquitous at Ryerson frosh events and other such places in the early 90s. I've only seen them a few times since, but it adds up to maybe 25 times altogether.

Other than bands I've actually been in, I probably haven't seen anyone play more than my friend the late Matt Osborne. Probably saw Matt a hundred times… only wish it had been more...

There's lots of friends that I've seen play in clubs many times. For ticketed concerts, it'd have to be Rush at about 20 times. Blues Traveler and possibly Dave Matthews would likely be tied for second, around 15 times each. Actually Gowan would be right up there (!) but that would have to include a lot of those old Ontario Place Forum & Nathan Philips shows that were technically free.

Peace,

Mr. M.