Jambands.ca

what band have u seen the most live?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nero...i say '40' because although i think it's around 70...giggles says easily 100...i say '40' (that's a lot of live music in itself)

freephonic - 20ish

the poo deal - about 12...

the burties - 20ish

gruvasylum/electryc trio - 10ish (brought my mushroom honey soup to my first gruvasylum show...not the best start

about 7 or 8 blue quarter shows

I don't count...never saved ticketstubs, hate to debate on which band is better...although i prefer TAB to phish that doesn't mean TAB is better for example...

I've seen a lot of live music but not nearly as much as a lot of the people on this board.

i've seen the bus around 10 times, I've seen caution jam, mark wilson, and a bunch of the other canjammers around mostly at come together festivals and that's about 8 since '01...give or take.

i might come off as some stoner hippy with this dippy response, but i figured i'd pipe in. i love music and the experience and experiences that go/goes along with it...

It'd be somewhere between 20 and 30 for Burt Neilson - essentially every Toronto show from 17-19 and every guelph/hamilton show from 20 to 24 or so. I also saw a whole whack of Fat Cats in that same period.

Jerome Godboo and One Monkey (Why do I have this feeling that Jaimoe or Musicface would remember these guys?) I saw probably a dozen times at Chicago's.

Phish (Including side projects 49 times. Trey Anastasio Band 7 times, Oysterhead 2 times, Dave Matthews & Friends 2 times, Vida Blue 2 times, Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon once, The Benevento/Russo Duo once and Jazz Mandolin Project once)

Neil Young (33 times)

Bob Dylan (22 times)

Blue Rodeo (Including side projects 22 times. Blue Rodeo 12 times, Jim Cuddy Band 3 times, Jim Cuddy solo once, Greg Keelor Band once, Greg Keelor with the Sadies once, Greg Keelor in the Unintended once, Bob Egan with Bazil Donovan once and the Royal Crowns with James Gray once)

Warren Haynes (18 times. Allman Brothers Band 4 times, Gov't Mule 11 times, solo once, Phil Lesh & Friends once and The Dead once)

Wilco (Including side projects 17 times. Wilco 13 times, Golden Smog twice, Jeff Tweedy solo once and the Autumn Defence once)

Black Crowes (Including side projects 15 times. Black Crowes 6 times, Chris Robinson with Paul Stacey once, Chris Robinson New Earth Mud once, Hookah Brown [Rich Robinson project] once, Rich Robinson once, Chris Stills [Marc Ford] three times, Blue Floyd [Marc Ford] and Stereophonic [steve Gorman] twice)

The Byrds (Byrds related, I wasn't alive when they were together, 15 times. David Crosby 13 times, Roger McGuinn once and Chris Hillman & Herb Pederson once)

C,S,N&sometimesY (13 times. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young 9 times, CSN three times and David Crosby once)

Big Sugar (Including side projects 13 times. Big Sugar 8 times and Gordie Johnson 5 times)

Genesis (Including side projects 12 times. Genesis once, Phil Collins 7 times, Peter Gabriel 3 times)

Dave Matthews (11 times. Dave Matthews Band 6 times, Dave Matthews solo 3 times and Dave Matthews and Friends twice)

The Dead (Including side projects 10 times. The Dead three times, The Other Ones once, Phil Lesh & Friends three times (once with Bob Weir), Bob Weir & Ratdog twice and Mickey Hart with Planet Drum once)

moe. (10 times)

Rush (Including side projects 9 times. Rush 6 times and Alex Lifeson with the Dexters three times)

The Rolling Stones (Including side projects 9 times. The Rolling Stones 7 times, Bill Wyman once and Mick Taylor once)

Pearl Jam (Including side projects 9 times. Pearl Jam 7 times, Mike McCready with Pete Droge as Setbreak once and Jeff Ament in Three Fish once)

Led Zeppelin (Zep related 8 times. Page & Plant 4 times, Robert Plant twice and John Paul Jones twice)

The Jayhawks (Including side projects 10 times. The Jayhawks 6 times, Golden Smog twice [Gary Louris, Marc Perlman and Kraig Johnson] , Victoria Williams [Mark Olson] and Mark Olson & Gary Louris once)

Barenaked Ladies (Including side projects 9 times. Never saw them headline always a benefit or opening spot. BNL 7 times, Steven Page once and Kevin Hearn once)

Bruce Cockburn (8 times)

Yes (8 times)

Blues Traveler (Including side projects 8 times. Blues Traveler 7 times and John Popper once)

Sheryl Crow (8 times. Only have seen her headline one show the rest was her apart of a festival or opening for someone)

Jimmy Herring (8 times. Jazz is Dead once, Phil Lesh & Friends 3 times, The Allman Brothers Band once and the Dead 3 times)

Eric Clapton (7 times)

Bruce Springsteen (7 times. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band 5 times, '92 band once and solo once)

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (7 times)

Eagles (Including side projects 7 times. Eagles soon to be 3 times, Don Henley twice, the James Gang [Joe Walsh] and Bernie Leadon once)

The Band (Including side projects 7 times. The Band once, Robie Robertson twice, Levon Helm & the Barn Burners twice, Levon Helm and Garth Hudson at a Ronnie Hawkins tribute concert and Garth Hudson at a Wilco show)

Willie Nelson (7 times)

John Mellencamp (7 times)

Lucinda Williams (7 times)

Ben Harper (7 times)

King Crimson (Including side projects 7 times. Crimson 3 times, Robert Fripp once and Peter Gabriel [Tony Levin] 3 times)

Van Morrison (6 times)

The Who (Including side projects 6 times. The Who 5 times, John Entwistle Band once)

B.B. King (6 times)

Sting (Soon to be 6 times)

Emmylou Harris (6 times)

R.E.M. (6 times)

The Beach Boys (Including side projects 6 times. The Beach Boys 3 times and Brian Wilson 3 times)

The Guess Who (Including side projects 6 times. The Guess Who 3 times and Randy Bachman Band 3 times)

Steve Earle (Soon to be 6 times)

Les Clapool (6 times. Primus twice, Oysterhead twice and Col Les Clapool's Frog Brigade twice)

Tom Cochrane (6 times)

The Tragically Hip (Including side projects 6 times. As a Canadian it's almost impossible not to see this band at least once. The Hip 5 times and Gord Downie once)

The Allman Brothers Band (5 times)

Derek Trucks (5 times. The Derek Trucks Band 3 times and the Allman Brothers Band twice)

Beck (5 times)

Bruce Hornsby (5 times)

Calexico (Including side projects 5 times. Calexico 4 times and Giant Sand once)

Stone Temple Pilots (Including side projects 5 times. STP 3 times, Talk Show once and Velvet Revolver once)

Sarah McLachlan (5 times)

The Del McCoury Band (5 times)

The Flaming Lips (4 times)

Los Lobos (Including side projects 4 times. Los Lobos 3 times and the Latin Playboys once)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers (4 times)

The Pretenders (4 times)

Widespread Panic (4 times)

Susan Tedeschi (4 times)

Kim Mitchell (4 times. solo 3 times and Max Webster once)

Joni Mitchell (3 times)

David Bowie (3 times)

Jackson Browne (3 times)

Jeff Beck (3 times)

Buddy Guy (3 times)

Gordon Lightfoot (3 times)

Al Green (3 times)

Robert Cray (3 times)

Keb Mo (3 times)

Slash (3 times. Guns N' Roses once, with Boz Scaggs once and Velvet Revolver once)

Van Halen (3 times. Twice with Sammy Hagar and once with Gary Cherone)

Lenny Kravitz (3 times)

Aerosmith (3 times)

Paul Rodgers (3 times)

Ziggy Marley (3 times)

Natalie Merchant (3 times)

The Wallflowers (3 times)

Medeski, Martin & Wood (3 times)

Radiohead (3 times)

Daniel Lanois (3 times)

U2 (Only 3 times, which I hope to remedy in 2005!)

Jerome Godboo and One Monkey (Why do I have this feeling that Jaimoe or Musicface would remember these guys?) I saw probably a dozen times at Chicago's.

I know Jerome for sure. He was in the late-great blues band The Phantoms. I've seen Jerome perform as a sideman and as a headliner on a few occassions. He is as good a harp player as there is in Canada, and he's a good singer too.

Does anyone remember Jerome performing at the spring CTMF three years or so ago?

So have you seen any other bands, Tim? ;)

Yes Brian I have, here are some more off the top of my head.

Paul McCartney (once)

Roger Waters (once)

James Taylor (once)

The Beta Band (once)

Elton John (once)

Billy Joel (once)

Steve Winwood (twice)

Rod Stewart (once)

Metallica (twice)

Mark Knopfler (once)

David Byrne (twice)

Ringo Starr (once)

Jay Farrar (once)

J.J. Cale (once)

Poco (once)

America (once)

Bobby "Blue" Bland (once)

Johnny Cash (once and only once. May he RIP)

John Lee Hooker (once and only once. May he RIP)

Johnny Copeland (once and only once. May he RIP)

Junior Wells (once and only once. May he RIP)

James Brown (twice)

Aretha Franklin (once)

Jerry Lee Lewis (once)

Lou Reed (twice)

Victoria Williams (once)

Sam Moore (once)

Iggy Pop (once)

George Clinton & the P-Funk Allstars (twice)

Son Seals (once and only once. May he RIP)

Odetta (once)

Richie Havens (twice)

Dr. John (twice)

Matthew Sweet (twice)

Gomez (twice)

Air (once)

PJ Harvey (once)

No Doubt (once)

The White Stripes (once)

Soundgarden (once)

Blind Boys of Alabama (once)

Patti Smith (once)

Dotti Peoples (once)

Sam Roberts (once)

AC/DC (twice)

Chicago (once)

Fleetwood Mac (once)

Steve Miller Band (once)

Guns N' Roses (once)

Brian May (once)

Arc Angels (once)

Kenny Wayne Shepherd (three times)

Oasis (once)

Jewel (once)

Green Day (twice)

Tom Waits (twice)

Bonnie Raitt (once)

Jimmie Vaughan (once)

Tower of Power (once)

The Fugees (once)

Busta Rhymes (once)

Phil Keaggy (once)

Sloan (once)

Isley Brothers (once)

String Cheese Incident (once)

My Morning Jacket (once)

Drive By Truckers (twice)

Kark Denson (once)

The Benevento/Russo Duo (three times)

North Mississippi Allstars (twice)

Bela Fleck and the Flectones (twice)

Santana (twice)

The Big Wu (once)

Umphrey's McGee (twice)

Pinetop 7 (once)

The Frames (once)

Joseph Arthur (twice)

Ween (twice)

Ben Folds Five (once)

Corey Harris (once)

Billy Bragg (once)

Drums & Tuba (twice)

Jethro Tull (twice)

Emerson Lake & Palmer (once)

Guster (twice)

Gillian Welch (once)

Burning Spear (once)

The Wailers (once)

Leftover Salmon (once)

The Sadies (five times)

Tenacious D (once)

Dream Theater (three times)

Supertramp (once)

The Doobie Brothers (once)

Billy Corgan and James Iha (twice)

The Eels (twice)

Tegan and Sara (five times)

dido (once)

Annie Lennox (once)

Brother Cane (four times)

Rik Emmett (once)

Pete Droge (four times)

The Slip (four times)

Ricky Skaggs (once)

Jack Johnson (twice)

Hot Tuna (three times)

King's X (twice)

Kiss (once)

Roxy Music (twice)

Afro Celt Sound System (once)

Jerry Cantrell (once)

Counting Crows (once)

Paul Simon (twice. Once with Simon & Garfunkel)

The Everly Brothers (once)

Johnny Winter (once)

By the way, BLAIR, thanks for the Slippers... They are as magical and skill-filled as I remember them (Although I think they changed color when they crossed the border, leaving their natural environment...)

ahahahahahahhahahaha, i heart you steveland!!!!! ::

i've never really kept track of how many times i've seen diesel dog or any other band i've seen more than twice and didn't have to buy a ticket (i.e. ticketbastard) for. as for big acts, i've seen ween 5 times in the last 2 years. and really, that's all that matters. :D

timmyb,

if you rhymed all that off the top of your head, you're the official 'rain man' of the skank. thats a lot of shows!

I dont know about counting phish sideprojects as phish shows... :)

As I stated in the brackets there is a breakdown to the shows I've attended.

Phish (Including side projects 49 times. Trey Anastasio Band 7 times, Oysterhead 2 times, Dave Matthews & Friends 2 times, Vida Blue 2 times, Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon once, The Benevento/Russo Duo once and Jazz Mandolin Project once)

Based on the breakdown I've seen Phish 33 times and the artist I've seen most is Trey Anastasio with a total of 44 shows.