Jambands.ca

i almost comitted grand theft bus!

goldengrooves

Just got home from from seeing yet another night of amazing music in Golden! Last night Jimmy Swift, tonight Grand Theft!! I was blown away, both bands are on a roll. A little mix up with the booking, they we're supposed to play togther. Oh well, looking forward to seeing them again on their western swing.... [Eek!][big Grin][Eek!]

Too bad neither of them were playing on a Fresh Meat Monday eh! [Wink]

How's the Kicking Horse been this season? Did they get that new lift put in in time? I was out there last Winter, working at the Dogtooth Cafe. I was their first male employee! I had a great time living in that town.

Kicking Horse was fun this year....could have used a lot more snow, but what can ya do?! They put the new lift in so now you have easier access to the amazing backcountry here. You wouldn't recognize the Lodge, renovations inside have made it a lot bigger to stuff more people in there on Fresh Meat Mondays next season!You must have know the right people to get a job at the Dog's Tooth.....no dudes allowed! hahahaha! [big Grin]

No dudes working at the Dogtooth eh? I guess I must have blown 'em away and no one has measured up ever since perhaps. [Wink] If you're ever in there, feel free to say hi for me! I also worked out at ABC Country Restaurant (out on the highway) for a while last Winter.. Man did that suck! I wouldn't recommend working in that slave pit. I almost ended up working at Chatter Creek last Winter eh!? (Cat skiing).

All this Golden talk is really making me miss that town! I can't wait to go back.

I think that they have a picture of you up on the wall bronzed at the Dog Tooth actually....hahahaha! The Country Garden is no longer in exisitence, some guy bought it and turned it into another Kelsey's type place, almost worked there but I think my brain would turn to mush! I'm working for the people who have the catering contract for Chatter Creek now and if everything works out I'll be out there a few times next winter....looking forward to it! I'm working at the Kicking Horse Grill now and the people there are really great, good food, good times! Golden's a great place, it's changed a lot since last year, so I've been told.....all the kind people being run outta town by the ski/boarder crews....no more peace and quiet! Oh welll..... [Razz]

Kicking Horse Grill eh -- that would be a good place to work I am sure! I applied there, they seemed like nice folks indeed. If I am able to, I'm going to try to visit Golden for a few days next Winter, and then for Winter 2004/5 hopefullly I'll be living there again and working for the mountain! I'll have to come out for the job fair to get in on that though I guess.

I remember times were tight when I first moved to Golden. It was so hard to find a job, took about 2 or 3 weeks of steady job hunting, and I was FLAT broke. Luckily I randomly ran into a friend from Hamilton in the streets (Brodie Jewer.. Know him?) and he took me in for 3 weeks. Without his help I would've been chased outta that town and would've ended up at Lake Louise.

Catering out at Chatter Creek would be awesome!! I was so pissed when that plan fell apart for me. I offered to work out there for the winter for room/board/food and some riding and they were all over it.. I met up with the owner for a coffee and everything, and he was like "be ready for the phone call tomorrow morning and we'll head out!"... You can imagine my excitement! I packed my bags and waited for his call.. It finally came, and then he was like "yeah, well we can't get you out there today cause there's no room. Actually, you better hold on to your job in town for now and we'll call you in a few weeks maybe" and that was it. He just totally pulled back! I was pretty bummed out.

Imagine spending a winter HERE!!!!

Weezy, thanks for the info on the Masses, I checked out the sight and the tunes and am really looking forward to the show....Gonna be a fun couple of weeks in the area. 19-20th GTB at the Rose and Crown in Banff, then MMW in Calgary on the 21st and finally Recipe in Golden on the 23rd...then of course the Masses on the 29th! My legs are gonna be sore from boogyin'...

KevO, your story about arriving in Golden was waaaaaay to familiar, so money, no job and NOTHING to do for almost 2 months. Hoping it's gonna be a killer winter next year after a wicked summer time! Nice pictures of Chatter Creek.....bastards for shafting you....karma dude, karma! It'll come back to'em.

Hey MMW is in June ay, all the rest of those shows are in May. My roomate just got a job in Golden managing a rafting place, and he's looking for some kind folks to party with out there. Hey and when you come to MMW, we should party. Where did you see Recipe was playin on the 23?

peaceinjam.jamesd.

Arrrrrgh! I for sure thought the MMW show in May...noooo I totally choked now! I guess I should learn to read a little better, oh well! Uhhh yeah, Recipe on the 23rd at the Roadhouse in Golden. Local free newspaper gives all the music listings for the month had it in there. Always looking for good people to hang out with in town, what rafting company is it? I'd be down with partying at MMW too. [Wink]

Archived