Jambands.ca

You Top 5 'New Bands' Worth Hearing List!!!

shainhouse

These bands are not necessarily brand new, but not that well known and all worth checking out...

New Monsoon (San Francisco jamband)

Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband (in the style of Bela Fleck; especially during the "New Grass Revival" era)

Trout Fishing in America (awesome duo out of Texas; guitar / double-bass)

Instant Death (Ween's bassist)

Pearl Django (swing jazz a la Django Reinhardt)

All of these are worth a listen.

pretty much anything new that i've been listening to has been listed here...

i see the shins up here a couple times.. i saw them in 2000 and thought they were quite good, but i've yet to pick anything up by them, and actually havent heard a note of them since they stopped playing that nite and gave up the stage to modest mouse.. i guess its high-time i picked me up some shins...

anyways, i guess my top 5 would look something like this...

stars

arcade fire

golden dogs

scissor sisters

the junction (even though im not too big on their disc, i thought they rocked it out when i caught them on stage)

I agree with you Amy on The Decemberists. They are something else... Check out The Bittersweets from San Fran as well. Just featured them on Jambase and some really nice, folky lo-fi stuff.

I also recommend MEMPHIS to anyone who likes Stars.. very similar line-up and Jonathan Inc.

touche...

still, I guess it is paradoxical, but how can you butcher something that is built on butchering itself? Do I even make sense? Must be the fact that despite it being 10 degrees today, we had golf ball sized hail in Leeds... stupid weather.

Amy,

Definitely listened to the Go Team. They played here last month but as an idiot, I didn't make it out. Another band on par is a band called 'The Good Life.' Similar indie-rock-ness. Also listening to Dogs Die in Hot Cars and Pretty Girls Make Graves lately too... despite the awful names.

I'll be in the UK for the Arcade Fire show unfortunately.