Jambands.ca

Here comes the sun...

\/\/illy

I thought bouche or someone else might drag up a pic in response to my post. Thanks for reminding me to bring the hooded sweater that I wore under the coat, and the monster cup. That cup holds a lot of coffee/water/juice/beer. One jumbo coffee out of the trusty big blue mug is a good way to keep the hands warm and get the engine kick-started.

OK Mark, time to stop daydreaming about this upcoming weekend ... I'd better get back to work.

I second Mark's claim: I was prenty warm last year. I brought a tonne of layers and wore them all. Advice for this year is bring many mnay layers, lots and lots of blankets, and sleep in groups. That way we won't have to see so many idling cars when we stumble from the Saloon to our tents at the end of the night. LOL

quote:

as my Dad used to say, "It never rains on a golf course."

Dude, I'm not sure where your dad was the first/only time I golfed at Horseshoe Valley about 15 years ago, but it was absolutely the most soaked I have ever been in the rain! [Frown] Probably the main reason I don't golf today...

- M.

I'm still sticking with my guaranteed to be true forecast:

It will be warmer than last year! [big Grin] !

Seriously though, I know that we will have a great time, no matter what the weather, if we bring the right gear. So I strongly suggest that if the weather looks at all iffy, bring rain gear, a winter coat, long johns or snow pants, and boots. At the last minute last year I grabbed an old winter coat and long johns to bring and I was soooo glad I did. I honestly did not feel cold that weekend because I was dressed for it.

Having said the above, I'm still hopeful (and confident) that we'll get some nice weather, and I'm hoping that my last minute clothing decision this year will be whether or not to bring shorts and swim gear rather than a winter coat! And if the weather ends up being unexpectedly hot, we can all peel our clothes off and dance naked ... hmmm, that reminds me of a few funny stories from last year [big Grin]

Can't wait until Friday!

Peace, Mark

if it rains we can all party undrer my awning, i;ll park near there stage, and as for the staying warm i toataly agree with the dress warm, least year i got a little heater form can tire, that thing rocked untill the propain ran out, this year i got a big tank [smile]

Archived