Jambands.ca

our gov't is caving in :(

Tooly

sad to say, i thought we were going to make some headway on this decriminailzing pot issue, i thought we could kind of seperate ourselves from the image of america jr. but now it doesnt look so pretty after all. or maybe this is bogus. thats what i hope

article

quote:

Ottawa backs off pot law plans
Possession to stay criminal offence.

Changes come after U.S. outcry

all i can say is boourns to our govt for caving into the USs demands. i can see why they would want to stay on teh US good side, of course, we trade goods with them more then anyone else right?

but i think all their talk about borders and shit if we decrimmed dope is BS. how are they going to shut a border that 8000 trucks go thru a day, then the car traffic on top of that.

i dunno,, im kind of upset that our govt didnt stay strong but only time will tell if this goes thru and what will happen with the US.

While I don't think it is a good thing to bend to America's wants, I think we should do what is best for our own country. Personally speaking, I am glad it didn't happen. Not because I think it is wrong, but because it would have made my life a real pain in the ass.

Imagine trying to cross the border to see a good concert and getting a major delay in travelling plans due to an extra sensitive border guard searching your vehicle. It is hard enough to have to corss a border, and any person with half a brain would never attempt to smuggle something across, so for those of us who go about it clean, it would cause a major problem.

It may not be what everyone in Canada wants, but I am sure there are just as many people pleased with the decision as there are those pissed off.

Colin

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. Possession of a small amount of pot is already "unofficially offically" decriminalized here, and the U.S. drug czars know it. When was the last time you heard of anyone getting busted for smoking a joint or for having a small amount of weed on them? What would the proposed legislation do for sick people growing weed, or anyone else? Legalization would be a big deal, but this is just semantics anyway.

I was outside of Cafe Dekcuf a couple of weeks ago toking away with some dudes, and two cops came walking up past us. One of them says, "something smells funny," and tells me nicely just to put it down, and the other cop starts talking to us about the upcoming Blues Festival. If I would have been any higher I would have offered them a toke.

This is all about officialdom, puritan puke-ism and bullying nonsense. Even Bush's poodle Tony Blair has OK'd more sensible laws, but they don't live next door to the 800 lb. gorrilla with the chimp in charge. Canada is not on the "edge" of anything new. We're actually way behind the 8-ball when you look at most major Western countries.

yeah this is true jr. about the cops looking the other way for tiny amounts, and that is a good thing definitly. some kids are getting screwed out of jobs for getting a record for something their boss used to do back in the day.

i just think its weak that canada caved to the US. we are our own country and if they want to decrim. the hoochie then decrim the hoochie, dont worry about what shrub, err bush has to say about it.

i think they should make 15G legal, and if your sick you should be able to grow it yourself in small amounts, maybe like 5 or 10 plants a time.

i read one article saying there will be stiff fines for selling to noncanadians lol, and canada should expect lots of drug tourists, which i guess is true, but BC gets alot of them already, with places like blunt brothers cafe and other places where the cops totally look teh other way. shit maybe we dont need to change much after all. but its still weak that they went back on their own words when the US was getting upset.

fuggin 'merkans

It doesent matter what the federal government says. It is out of their hands now. The supreme court has ruled it UNCONSTITUTIONAL in Canada to give someone a criminal record for small possession. Any attempts to tamper with this rulling would be intra/ultra (I forget which one) Vires.

she never complains when i hit Mary, spark that flame i light up her cherry...shes so good to me when i pack a fresh bowl i clean the screen

man i wanna see some jammyband cover hits from the bong. why the hell not? everyone knows the words

Jon stewart had some funny things to say about how the US is mad at Canada's proposed decrim of a 'deadly substance'.

He went on to mention how 172 countries are trying to really knock out another 'deadly substance' and the US will only sign this thing if they can "opt out" at any time. That deadly substance??? Cigarettes.

It appears that as the US deems Marijuana criminal and deadly, they think that Cigarettes are AWESOME!

Archived