Jambands.ca

Londoners - Zoobombs tonite?

guigsy

im interested in checking these guys out... only $5 at the orfice... anyone else? mr. museum, of casbah fame, tells me they put on a great live show.. garage rock from tokyo.

as an aside, caught A Northern Chorus and Sianspheric last nite... A Northern Chorus i thought were really good and look forward to hearing more from them... Sianspheric, i thought was brutal with Mayor McCa. they all looked lost up there, and it seemed to me it was his antics that were throwing things off... they gotta lose him... his drunken weirdo 'look at me! look at me!' indie rocker schtick just doesnt work with this band.. totally took away from the show and the atmosphere, i got sick of him and left early. its too bad, cuz i like to see him on his own.

i'll put together a better synopsis of these shows towards the end of the week... 1 down, 3 to go...

McCA with a band backing him to his own tunes is actually very very amazing.

For fans of McCA, and Can-rock in general, there is a Tribute to the Mayor on St.Pattie's Day at the Underground in Hamilton. Performances of his material by the following artists:

+ aaron wrixon (ex-capgun)

+ a northern chorus

+ chris bell (alive & living)

+ dale morningstar (dinner is ruined)

+ dave dunham (ex-chore)

+ escape goats

+ field guide to words and music

+ the fifties

+ finger eleven

+ idle sons

+ james black (finger eleven)

+ jenny omnichord (barmitzvah brothers)

+ joey balducchi & sean thompson

+ julie fader

+ the lassue yous

+ lisa winn

+ matthew barber

+ michelle titian

+ noah mintz (ex-hhead)

+ p.c. payce

+ peoples republic (ex-warsawpack)

+ sailboats are white

+ sarah harmer

+ scott brewer

+ waxmannequin

PLUS A FEW BIGGIES THAT ARTIST's MANAGEMENT WON'T LET US ADVERTISE ;)

ALL THIS FOR ONLY $7.00!!!

oh yeah, dont get me wrong, i've always dug the Mayor when i've seen him on his own, i just didnt think he and Sianspheric were a good mix at all.

kudos for trying to make it work, but sorry, no dice. when i saw the the mayor walkin' around the bar i thought he was just down for the show supporting some friends (they're all from the same area), but when i was talking to a guy from a northern chorus and he told me he was singing with them, a) i was pretty surprised, and B) i had no idea what the hell to expect. he described it as 'interesting' - i didnt even find it to be that.

i would probably enjoy the mayor with a band doing his own tunes a lot more... same as i would probably enjoy sianspheric without a vocalist a lot more, too.

edit: by the way, that mayor tribute nite looks pretty sweet.

hahah, will do...

just listened to a few random songs on their website, and i think im gonna dig this... the first thing that came to mind was Thrush Hermit, and i havent seen a band rock like Thrush Hermit since.... ummm.. well, Thrush Hermit.

excited? yes!

WOW!

WOW!!

WOW!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys just rocked the living sh!t out of london!!!! unbelievable!!! it was loud, it was funky, it was crunchy, it was bluesy, it was beat driven and riff based, it was in your face, out of control, temperamental, jesus christ what else do you want in a rock show??? this sh!t had it all!!!!

kiddies, if you like your rock'n'roll, DONT MISS THE fu©king ZOOBOMBS!!!!

I AM GOD DAMN SERIOUS!!!!!

MY FACE HURTS! AND MY EARS ARE GONNA BE RINGING TIL SUNDAY!!

YES!!!!

Sweet lord!

Zoobombs echoed their show in London last night. EASILY the show of the year in Hamilton. EASILY. I said EASILY.

Punk, funk, soul, kraut-rock, noise.

What a live performance. Audience members were actually hitting themselves in disbelief over the amazing-ness of this band.

100 minutes of fury.