Jambands.ca

International Women's Day

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Happy International Women's Day indeed, and here's hoping that the fairer sex gets a chance at running things. Lord knows it couldn't be done worse than the guys are doing...

"If women were in charge, there would be no more wars. However, there would be severe negotaiations every 28 days."

-Robin Williams

What makes any of you think that women would do a better job running things? This isn't one of my usual a$$hole comments it's a serious question. Human beings are greedy and deceitful by nature, women are no exception.

Hell, it's worth a try. Anything's better than GWB n' Co. :P

What makes any of you think that women would do a better job running things? This isn't one of my usual a$$hole comments it's a serious question. Human beings are greedy and deceitful by nature, women are no exception.

I agree that "women in power" are often no exception to the greedy & deceitful rule , but that's only because that is how power is gained -- through greed & deceit. Women who want a piece of the (patriarchal) power-pie, have to behave in those ways.

Yet I belong to enough grassroots organizations where I can tell you, firsthand, it's women who get the sh!t together to do things and make positive social changes -- rape crisis centres, daycare centres, self-defence courses, abortion clinics and birth control awareness programs, demostrating for fair wages and protection for live-in nannies, support for immigrant women/women without status...not to mention other political demostrations (police brutatlity, anti-war...) It's truly been my experience that this kind of leadership and desire to seek and create fairness and equity in the world (in small steps, in small ways) has been taken primarily by women. And the fact that women have been ridiculed, threatened, beaten, raped, deported, and/or killed for their efforts makes me sad that we only take one day a year to recognize the contributions of us gals!!!

ps. Dave -- thanks for starting this thread -- you rock "Mr. man" ::

thanks, Howler!

the end of the day...a bit late i know but good vibes to all the beautiful women...especially the ones that don't think they are - an awful lot of joy has happened in the world and without that, as well as hope and perseverence that's around because of women and little girls, we'd be unable to achieve our hopes and dreams.

I love my mom and other women everywhere, genuinely.

That's one of the many reasons I find it so hard to have ulterior motives...damn conscience!