Jambands.ca

today for the first time

meggo

before i moved to ottawa, i kept hearing about the hideous winters. 'just wait til winter comes.' i was expecting something awful. anyway one of the things i heard was that they take snow out of the city in dumptrucks, b/c there's so much.

well.

today.

i saw it with my own eyes!!!!!!!! big trucks, full of snow, mountains of it, carting it away from the city in droves...

needless to say it was quite exciting for me. it was also quite exciting to try and dodge the very large chunks of snow that went flying haphazardly out of the trucks as they gathered speed and bumped along on the highway...

so yeah. big day for me. ::

actually, Ottawa was coler than moscow at least a couple of years ago. siberia is a part of russia...

either way, it can get very cold. i'm glad the capital of our country isn't dawson city. I want to make it up to the yukon but i don't think i'll do it in the winter my first time...

i can wait for spring.

Oh man. According to this article , which was published in the Ottawa Citizen in 2003, Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan is the coldest capital.

I think everyone wants to claim it for themselves for some odd reason. Anyways, I think most would concede that Ottawa is somewhere in the 3 coldest capitals in the world.

Damn you, Kazakhstan.

AD

i saw it with my own eyes!!!!!!!! big trucks, full of snow, mountains of it, carting it away from the city in droves...

needless to say it was quite exciting for me. it was also quite exciting to try and dodge the very large chunks of snow that went flying haphazardly out of the trucks as they gathered speed and bumped along on the highway...

so yeah. big day for me. ::

Haw haw!!!

nelson02.jpg

2 days ago it was 16 degrees and sunny in Victoria. Last weekend I went and had a doobie on the beach :-)

Except here in Calgary where it's supposed to reach +20 thursday!! Woo Hoo!!(and then snow, of course, all weekend) Patio party anyone?

...and, of course, except in Whistler where we actually want cold and snow, yet are seeing record high temperatures with record low snowfall this year (as Hux can sadly attest to).